Service Corporation International

www.sci-corp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Service Corporation International

Job was extremely satisfying.....very little room for growth.

Former Employee - Licensed Funeral Director in Hughson, CA
Former Employee - Licensed Funeral Director in Hughson, CA

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees I worked with cared about what they do and the families they served. Location I worked at allowed me the flexibility I needed to take care of my family life when necessary.

Cons

Pay is way too low for the type of professionalism the company hopes to convey. In this industry, "you get what you pay for" isn't going to pay off in the long term---image will suffer. This is an issue that can only be addressed by those in corporate.

Look for hidden talent in current employees and utilize that resource.

198 Other Employee Reviews for Service Corporation International (View Most Recent)

Glorified Burger King! Beware of Lies at interview process!

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greenville, SC

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Looks good on your resume...

Cons

Where do I start? I made more money bagging groceries in high school, than I did working for SCI. I clearly remember when I went for my interview, I was clearly told... this was a salary PLUS commission job. The only thing the Sales Manager was honest about was that, the base pay was minimum wage. However, I was told that I would also be making a certain percentage of my sales. I was thinking... 10% on property, 5% on merchandise, and 3% on services... Pretty good? Not! Wasn't told anything that these percentages would only go to your pay, only if they were written on a pre-need contract. Also, working against a draw, you have to pay back what you didn't earn in past weeks. Really makes you feel appreciated, when you work 6 days straight, and sometimes being on call on Sundays. All this work, and you don't get paid unless you meet the draw?! Most weeks you end up owing the company money! Heck. I wrote a pre-need contract for over $20,000 my second week; yep, that's right over $20,000. I worked over 80 hours in two weeks time, and had that sale; and I was only paid a little over $600.00! Really? Also, they will put 10% of all payable commission into a reserve, until it reaches $2,500. This reserve is supposed to help protect against cancellations. Uhh, that's what a collections agency is for! Also, you have to wait over 13 months after you quit, to receive this money!

How do you expect to get quality people for the position, with what you pay?

More than I Ever Could have Imagined

I have been working at Service Corporation International full-time

Pros

Upper Management is fantastic in my area although I have had many long weeks it never goes unappreciated by anyone in upper management

Cons

the hours can be very long and you must learn to tune yourself out at some point after work...if not the job gets you...at least in my case....you have to take care of yourself first but this is not a con of the company

There are newer employer reviews for Service Corporation International