Service Corporation International
www.sci-corp.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Job was extremely satisfying.....very little room for growth.

Licensed Funeral Director (Former Employee)
Hughson, CA

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployees I worked with cared about what they do and the families they served. Location I worked at allowed me the flexibility I needed to take care of my family life when necessary.

ConsPay is way too low for the type of professionalism the company hopes to convey. In this industry, "you get what you pay for" isn't going to pay off in the long term---image will suffer. This is an issue that can only be addressed by those in corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for hidden talent in current employees and utilize that resource.

More than I Ever Could have Imagined

I have been working at Service Corporation International full-time

Pros: Upper Management is fantastic in my area although I have had… Cons: the hours can be very long and you must learn to tune yourself out at some point after work...if not the job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible, horrible, horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time

Pros: Most of the co-workers were knowledgeable and a pleasure to… Cons: The location manager was a general terror to work for. Promises were made at hiring that were not kept and/or were found out not… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees like the human beings they are and not a disposable commodity.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Service Corporation International.

Worked for Service Corporation International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Service Corporation International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Service Corporation International CEO Thomas L. Ryan. All reviews posted anonymously by Service Corporation International employees.