Service Corporation International

There are newer employer reviews for Service Corporation International

Very good, fair managers

Former Employee - Counselor in Whittier, CA
Former Employee - Counselor in Whittier, CA

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Respected reputation. Good benefits. Empathy towards clients and families.

Cons

Long hours on certain days.

208 Other Employee Reviews for Service Corporation International (View Most Recent)

If you're in sales, don't do it unles...

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have very high standards in the treatment of families, both deceased and present. As a customer, I would not hesitate to use them. As an employee… BEWARE!

Cons

The officers and upper management of this company have long since lost sight of how important their frontline people are to long term success. They are selfish and self absorbed. They continue to cut pay to sales over and over and over again. All while adding more and more admin work to sales people. There is SO MUCH job responsibilities for sales people that have absolutely nothing to do with generating more sales revenue that it is not even funny. They churn sales people in and out SO fast it's unbelievable. BEWARE- if you are applying for sales, ask about the tenure of the team. It's not pretty. It's not even reasonable. The admin jobs are good as admin goes. The benefits are good and they run the show. Funeral directors overall are stuck in the dark ages and don't see the value in supporting or promoting sales. All in all, it's just a shame.

Advice? You are so wrapped up in yourselves that if I gave some advice you wouldn't even consider it. Therefore, I won't waste my time. Furthermore, they would never be reading this anyway. They are all about what THEY can get for themselves before they retire wealthy.

Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Staff is friendly and a true team

Cons

The company's initials are SCI and employees would call it Sudden Change Imminent. I would find it hard to believe that my contracts would mysteriously/consistantly not be entered by the cut-off date resulting in the loss of thousands in commission by not acheiving the next level/tier in pay. I was involved in taking three locations from never hitting quota to exceeding quota consistantly. I was rewarded by having the already obscure (complex algorhythm) pay plan "changed for the better" resulting with my reward being a $20,000 pay cut. I promptly resigned after several attempts to re-negotiate my salary versus commission plan.

make a clear payplan that your employees can figure out easly. It shouldnt take an excel spreadsheet with formulas built into it to "guess" your pay. Keep good management by keeping the payplans beneficial for both parties involved and it's ok for the employee to make a decent living.

There are newer employer reviews for Service Corporation International