Very driven leadership, but SCI stands for Sudden Change Imminent

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at the corporate headquarters in Houston, I was fortunate to work closely with the senior leadership of the company. These individuals for the most part are some of the hardest working driven people I've ever worked with. They care about their employees and consumers. They pay their executives well, and promote from within. The 401K plan is one of the richest I've ever seen. Extremely generous!

Cons

Work life balance is challenging for lower level corporate employees. Upper level executives enjoy much more latitude in their schedules (do as I say, not as I do). Turnover is high in the Accounting Department due to the intense workload and management. Most departments operate independent of one another, and communication isn't managed effectively until issues reach a crisis level.

The caliber of corporate and regional leadership are some of the best. The magnitude of initiatives you take on and the pace at which you do it is overwhelming to the field. There is no way they can deliver successfully on all you ask of them, and they resent you for it. More needs to be done to develop, promote, and empower your local talent. MFE is a great event, but there needs to be more intense, prolonged training for these individuals. One week events don't net you long term results.

Other Reviews for Service Corporation International

Company does not value employees service only sales

I have been working at Service Corporation International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Assisting families in a time of need.

Cons

Too many hours....too little pay....too much administration work....no time to follow up with families. Upper management arrogant and disconnected. A toilet that was spray painted gold was sent to a funeral home that did not make their sales quota. I challenge any upper management to work family service for one month!!

Get real....pay a better hourly salary instead of minimum wage so you will keep competent people who care about serving families. Sales are important but a stable staff instead of a revolving door would improve your business. You keep raising the prices of services you sell but cut admin employees and pass the workload on to the family service staff who are already overloaded.

The management mean what they say

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Service Corporation International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment with dedicated individuals

Cons

No cons as of yet

There are newer employer reviews for Service Corporation International.

Worked for Service Corporation International? Contribute to the Community!