Service Corporation International

www.sci-corp.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Service Corporation International

A lot of Favoritism you have the good old boy network

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance very good training focus is on the families they are helping through a hard time.

Cons

Very high turnover in hard to keep sale reps pay structure very hard for them to understand.

Advice to Management

Upper management to focus to just hiring to have bodies instead of hiring the right people.

reviews filtered by

Good place to feel welcome.

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Service Corporation International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of little perks. Decent hours.Family oriented.

Cons

Only as good as your last month. Certain locations very competitive.

Advice to Management

Service 1st money will come.

Worst company/management I have ever seen.

Current Employee - Funeral Director/Embalmer in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Funeral Director/Embalmer in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Service Corporation International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to help families in their time of need. The work itself is very rewarding. I didn't expect to get such a feeling of accomplishment from helping others.

Cons

Where do I start....A close relative of mine worked for this particular funeral home before the sold out to a corporation, so I grew up hearing them talk about how good of a place this used to be. When I first started with the company, I was truly excited to come to a place that had a reputation like this place did. Within six months to one year, I was no longer excited. Management only cares about numbers and making their bonuses. There is little to no room for advancement with this company. I have been here for over five years and have not received one raise. Most of my co-workers have not had raises in over 7 years. Since coming to work here, 27 employees have been terminated or transferred out of our market and 24 of those positions have not been filled. My work load has increased five fold and I work so much I can't get a second job without fear of losing this one. I depend heavily on my overtime pay, now that is about to be cut out and my pay will not be adjusted so that I won't be out any money. They have raised prices on the families we serve at least 2-3 yearly, on average. SCI (Dignity) doesn't care about the appearance or condition of their facilities. As long as the managers get their bonuses, everything is fine. I have two college degrees and I am paid what I was making 15 years ago at an entry level part-time position. Look elsewhere for employment. I never leave work happy due to the inter office drama that is constantly stirred up by management.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees. After all, we are the ones that are out earning you your bonuses!

There are newer employer reviews for Service Corporation International