There are newer employer reviews for Service Express

Great company culture and work environment

I worked at Service Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Goals are shared with managers on a monthly basis (it was good to know that managers actually cared about your professional and personal life)
Career advancement opportunities
Many company events and social outings
Managers allowed job shadowing within departments to get a better understanding of company as a whole
Office visits outside of your local area are encouraged
Great company culture
Very friendly and open work environment
Everyone is eager to help with any problem

Cons

Lack of communication within management
Being micromanaged within my specific department was a concern

There should be a better process for communication of company news/updates between management down through teams

5 Other Employee Reviews for Service Express (View Most Recent)

My career would have been better if I had listened to my gut and passed on SEI employment

Former Employee - Field Service  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Field Service in Detroit, MI

I worked at Service Express full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance was fair until SEI doubled stand by time without pay.

Cons

Lots of promises made during recruitment phase, which is way too long ( red flag), in reality very few became reality. In fact a lot of promises were down right lies, on the service side.

Talk of vision is just that, when the CEO isn't around. If you are over 45, a female or minority, don't expect your effort to be appreciated, especially in Detroit!

You don't value your service people, your customers do. This will cause your top performers to slip away when the shine wears off, regardless of how hard you clamp down on them. If anyone asks me about SEI, and people have, I say don't expect more than two years, before you have to make a break for it. Your management in Detroit blows!

Good place for short term

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Service Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good base salary. Good place to break into IT sales without much technical knowledge. Service people tend to deliver what sales promises, so you can sell with confidence.

Cons

Tend to Hire too many sales people than territory can support. Increasing turnover of sales people. Very little training and no support once you are in the field. Several managers were good sales people 10 years ago but now do little to support their reps other than request more reports. Never ending reports on activity. I have never had less support from a manager than what I have had here. Sales managers seem to have life time job security.
    Mentality is there will always be a need for the service they provide when in reality it is greatly diminishing. They have adjusted in the past to such changes but their current pace is not keeping up with the pace of change in the industry today.

I have walked away from very engaged meetings where I could not offer support for the opportunity... Can you keep up with the pace of change?
    Hold your sales managers accountable. Reps keep leaving and/or underperforming, it may be a management issue.
    I know our focus is on what we are good at but it seems that those opportunities are diminishing. It seems that servers are becoming as disposable as cell phones and laptops... after 3 yrs, replace the hardware.
    Consider why you are adding reps to a territory that is flat or had little growth. Is it really a personnel issue or an opportunity issue?
    My manager sees the writing on the wall that my territory will most likely not support my being on board for much longer but he cannot look me in the eye and tell me the truth.

There are newer employer reviews for Service Express

Worked for Service Express? Contribute to the Community!