ServiceLink

Revolving Door

Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ServiceLink

Pros

Work from Home Flexibilty
Good Vacation
Reasonable price for benefits

Cons

Very High Turnover with Management and staff

Make an effort to retain employees rather than lose knowledge due to high turnover

109 Other Employee Reviews for ServiceLink (View Most Recent)

Save yourself a few weeks and don't start working here

Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink

Pros

They offer benefits
    You have the option to transfer to another state if a position is open
    The training is excellent

Cons

I started working for National Link, a sister company of ServiceLink based in Coraopolis, PA. The initial job description seemed straightforward and interesting to me. However, my first bad impression (and I should have listened to my gut) was the job interview. I walked in and the person I was supposed to interview with (who was soon promoted to VP of the company) had forgotten to schedule my interview, was double booked, and could not meet with me. So I had an impromptu interview with a gentleman who later turned out to be my boss. He would ask me a question but at no point did he make eye contact or act like he was listening to what I was saying. The interview was short. A few days later, I received a formal acceptance e-mail, but the pay was almost $2 less than the industry average, so I had to negotiate a higher hourly rate, which took another 3 days.

The training weeks were fairly informative (training was done with ServiceLink). However, once I started in the NationalLink building, I was literally thrown into the center of everything and received very little training of the computer systems and company-specific way of doing things.

Employees worked 10-12 hour days, just to get the work done. Often, management would inform us of mandatory over time for Saturday the day before. Management expected us to respond to every e-mail (averaging 150-200 a day) from our client and every phone call (averaging 10-20 an hour) or else it's considered "bad customer service" and you can get fired. The turnover rate is outrageous. In one month, I watched 2 team leads and 5 employees come and go in my department, either because they got sick and tired of being yelled at day in and day out or they were fired for "poor customer service". The policies ad procedures changed daily and the way management informed us was through a meeting or an e-mail. The actual job requirements far exceeded what was disclosed in the initial job description.

There is no respect for life outside the work place and you have to fight for time off. There is always a game of favorites and no job security since they can fire you for "poor customer service" at any time, regardless of your tenure. They win their unemployment cases by having a broadly-worded handbook which you sign that you read and received at training.

An easy place to burn out...

Current Employee - Project Manager in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink

Pros

The pay is great, and if you like a job with a lot of change and a continuous flow of work it can be a great place. There are some very good managers that are there that you can learn from and have the ability to interact with. It is a very diverse culture, so you have the opportunity to learn more about someone outside of your normal circle.

Cons

Very HIGH industry turnover! While having a continuous flow of work is a pro, the con is that the timeline to complete the work isn't always reasonable. The expectation seems to be to consistently work 50+ hours in a week. The work/life balance doesn't seem to be much more than an afterthought. Senior Management doesn't always lead properly. The executive staff is knowledgeable, but there is too much I, I, me, me and not enough team work. So finger pointing and anger between business units is very common. While change is inevitable, the way that change is handled isn't done very well. So you seem to do a lot of things to do, in the end, nothing.

Stop looking at just the bottom dollar, and have a company that is focused more on the staff. You might keep the good employees. Stop burning them out and take the time to do things right instead of half way. You save so much man hours down stream and provide a quality product.

There are newer employer reviews for ServiceLink