ServiceMaster

Former Employee

Former Employee - Black Belt in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Black Belt in Houston, TX

I worked at ServiceMaster

Pros

Variety of companies and work. Company promotes Christian values.

Cons

The business unit that I worked for was spun off or sold to private equity shortly after I left the company. The company's Christian values and leadership did not trickle down into the business unit that I worked for. It was a fairly new acquisition though. The business unit also had a culture that was very willing to accept defeat and blame it on the weather. That's never a fun environment to work in.

Make sure that your message is drilling down to all business units. Teach leadership to find new and creative ways to conquor challenges.

117 Other Employee Reviews for ServiceMaster (View Most Recent)

Great place to earn some money

Current Employee - Computer Technician in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Computer Technician in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at ServiceMaster

Pros

ServiceMaster is a good place to work. I have been there for a very long time starting out in janitorial and eventually moving to the IT part of the business. It is a strong company with a strong values statement. I have had a whole lot of flexibility to come and go as I please, knowing that I will have a job available when I come back. I really enjoy the staff there, it is a very friendly environment with dedicated employees.

Cons

Because it is a franchise, there are differing opinions based on which location you work at. I have not received much feed back on my job which maybe a bad thing. I really don't have a lot of negative to say about this company

Great job.

This company sucks BIG TIME

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at ServiceMaster

Pros

Only if you have no other place to work and you have to stay in Memphis for family reasons or anything reason. The benefits are not too bad, but, it is not great either.

Cons

My reviews every year were exceed expectations even then mangers are rude and they are not at all concerned about any of their associates future career growth. They only kiss ass their superiors. There is NO sort of training at all, of all the years I have been there, NOT ONE single training or any sort of opportunity given for growth.

Senior Management should be more open and provide training and career growth opportunities to associates.

There are newer employer reviews for ServiceMaster