There are newer employer reviews for ServiceMaster

Chemical Exposure Mixes Poorly with Family Business Vibe

Former Employee - Summer Laborer  in  Hendersonville, TN
Former Employee - Summer Laborer in Hendersonville, TN

I worked at ServiceMaster full-time for less than a year

Pros

The on-the-job training was great - what I didn't know already I was taught in a matter of days. The management was really on the ball despite being understaffed and the team I worked with was welcoming and very helpful. Risks related to the job were disclosed and the necessary protective gear was provided.

Cons

A lot of the chemicals we worked with were potentially hazardous to one's health, but the culture at my location was not in favor of risk or exposure reduction. Social pressure is an amazingly strong force, and encouragement from other members of the team to wear dust masks and the like would have been helpful.

Encourage workers to value their health and do the same for their co-workers.

102 Other Employee Reviews for ServiceMaster (View Most Recent)

Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Intern in Memphis, TN

I worked at ServiceMaster as an intern for less than a year

Pros

very friendly
    big company, but small company feel
    very supportive

Cons

Not as much work as I would have liked.

cut down on the meetings

ServiceMaster Solutions of Portland, OR

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at ServiceMaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

While Pete Vranizan was leading the company had unity and direction. There was plenty to work on, but at least we had capable people that cared. There was a family environment and a sense of teamwork.

Cons

The con was the ownership, the team never did gel or make a lot of traction because ownership constantly was overriding management and the leadership in place. It was disjointed and frustrating. When Pete was finally fired, the company really became a miserable place to work. With a new focus on numbers, and new disposable employees, any sense of care and ownership went out the window.

Your employees ARE your business, treat them well and they will perform for you. They are your best asset, not a disposable one that can be turned in for a cheaper newer model. You can store all the knowledge you want in your systems (As well you should) but with out the experiance and right attitude to apply it, it is useless. And your customers really do care about a stable team. As you can well see as you lose clientele.

There are newer employer reviews for ServiceMaster

Worked for ServiceMaster? Contribute to the Community!