There are newer employer reviews for ServiceMaster

Fair

I have been working at ServiceMaster

Pros

Good compensation, leadership is competent

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement

102 Other Employee Reviews for ServiceMaster (View Most Recent)

Solid company, but slow and political

I worked at ServiceMaster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people; good work/life balance; good compensation for Memphis

Cons

political and bureaucratic; too many layers of management

Treat your employees as assets, not service mules.

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at ServiceMaster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ServiceMaster is a franchise company. I work for a franchise in the PNW, not the corporate office. Each individual franchise has it's own owners and management. If you have a good manager over your department it's not so bad. So far there is good flexibility with personal schedules and needs.

Cons

The field workers, in my opinion, are used and pushed beyond what is safe. They work a lot of hours, back to back jobs and are exhausted. They are expected to go-go-go to get all the jobs done they can. The impression is that ownership is more interested in their own pocket books than their employees well being. The administrative staff, data entry people really, does not get paid over-time. I am certain this goes against Federal regulations, but I can’t afford to lose my job and push the issue. The admin people come in early, stay late, work through lunch almost daily, take few to no breaks and take weekly turns doing on call which means you are tied to your phone 24/7. I’ve spent long days and nights, in which I was supposed to be off work, on the phone with no pay. If you are up through the night on the phone scheduling and dealing with panicking customers you still get up early in the morning and go to work all day… again unsafe when you are forced to drive with little sleep.

Treat your employees as human beings with families and the need to flourish and prosper. It is a proven fact that you will get more, joyfully, from your employees if you pay and treat them right. You will also start to attract the cream of the crop rather than your people leaving for the competitor. Also, I believe you are interpreting the laws to the employers benefit, not the employees. There is a fine line between good and evil, it appears you are treading on it. If you are honoring God in all you do, as the missions statement says...

"For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”" 1 Timothy 5:18 ESV

"Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts."
    James 5:4 ESV

There are newer employer reviews for ServiceMaster

Worked for ServiceMaster? Contribute to the Community!