Treated as family,

Current Employee - Damage Restoration Tech in Martinsburg, WV
Current Employee - Damage Restoration Tech in Martinsburg, WV

I have been working at ServiceMaster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job for learning many different things. I have learned many useful things on the job that I can apply to my own life. Have been treated like family from day one, also they treat you as an equal no matter what position you have. I Have been trusted with many responsibilities when I didn't expect to even be given the chance to do certain things.(which I like being trusted and given more responsibilities. They are very helpful and if you follow through and do things right, they are always open for advancement. Great place to work for and I plan on staying there for a long time. Feels more like a family than just co-workers and managers. I seen a lot of people say the pay is a little low but I have to say I live comfortable and still receive raises periodically and even based on performance sometimes. If your a hard worker and are willing to learn new things and make a career then I would have to say ServiceMaster is a great place to be!

Cons

On call has its downsides and It can be a dirty, stinky job but no complaints other than that.

Advice to Management

Better communication between techs and management could be helpful. I know personally it is very hard to keep track of all the different jobs you do in a week, and sometimes the lack of communication between employees can result in some misunderstandings.

Other Employee Reviews for ServiceMaster

1. Career options are scarce in Memphis anyway, so ServiceMaster is one of the major employers for Accounting/Finance

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at ServiceMaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

um…..hmmmmmm…….well, they claim to base the company culture around Christian values. There are insurance benefits, and a small matching of 401k, just basic stuff, nothing amazing. Some positions are allowed a sort of flex-time schedule where you can work 10+ hour days for 4 days then off the 5th, or some version of that.

Cons

Constant, seemingly erratic changes on a large scale that never take off or are reversed or changed again. Moral is just low. Good ole boy executive team. Lots of middle management that have no business supervising the work of others.

2. Constant change of leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at ServiceMaster full-time

Pros

Decent pay compared to other companies in area.

Cons

Constant change of leadership has caused an overall lack of direction. There is an inequity of workload in many departments. Favoritism is prevalent within the organization.