There are newer employer reviews for ServiceMaster

Treated as family,

Current Employee - Damage Restoration Tech  in  Martinsburg, WV
Current Employee - Damage Restoration Tech in Martinsburg, WV

I have been working at ServiceMaster full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great job for learning many different things. I have learned many useful things on the job that I can apply to my own life. Have been treated like family from day one, also they treat you as an equal no matter what position you have. I Have been trusted with many responsibilities when I didn't expect to even be given the chance to do certain things.(which I like being trusted and given more responsibilities. They are very helpful and if you follow through and do things right, they are always open for advancement. Great place to work for and I plan on staying there for a long time. Feels more like a family than just co-workers and managers. I seen a lot of people say the pay is a little low but I have to say I live comfortable and still receive raises periodically and even based on performance sometimes. If your a hard worker and are willing to learn new things and make a career then I would have to say ServiceMaster is a great place to be!

Cons

On call has its downsides and It can be a dirty, stinky job but no complaints other than that.

Better communication between techs and management could be helpful. I know personally it is very hard to keep track of all the different jobs you do in a week, and sometimes the lack of communication between employees can result in some misunderstandings.

102 Other Employee Reviews for ServiceMaster (View Most Recent)

Constant change of leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at ServiceMaster full-time

Pros

Decent pay compared to other companies in area.

Cons

Constant change of leadership has caused an overall lack of direction. There is an inequity of workload in many departments. Favoritism is prevalent within the organization.

Disappointing experience at HQ

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at ServiceMaster full-time

Pros

Work-Life Balance is good. The compensation is good for the area but low compared to the equivalent responsibilities and education requirements at other companies. Overall, their are opportunities for improvement but the challenge is making those improvements in its current culture.

Cons

High executive and senior leadership turnover. Only a few good senior leaders left that care about their employees development needs. WARNING for high performing individuals with top business degrees- Not a MBA culture. Doesn't promote individuals on merit. Not a progressive, forward thinking culture that values improvement or change; values status quo. People continue to be promoted based on the Peter Principle.

Focus on improving the culture and values and retaining talent. Too many smart and good people have left. Favoritism is heavily favored over merit. Branch out from beyond this region to attract talent with different perspectives and points of view. Needs to attract more top MBA talent (Top 25) which will help steer focus on results and growth.

There are newer employer reviews for ServiceMaster

Worked for ServiceMaster? Contribute to the Community!