ServiceNet
www.servicenet.org Northampton, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great entry level opportunity

Residential Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsThis job has some of the best benefits of any job you can get at an entry level position. Excellent vacation time, affordable health and dental benefits, and they even pay you to get your trainings done. If you are starting out in the mental health or disability field, it is a great place to get started working directly with clients. I have found the program directors and upper management to be very accessible and supportive. And the residential environment can be very comfortable to work in. I can honestly say the company really does care about the individuals they serve. They seem to do their best to support them as much as possible.

ConsIt seems not all the staff hired have experience with how to effectively deal with the population they work with. Probably because the company will hire without experience. This can be tough when you are a worker in a program and the people hired to work side by side with you are not useful to helping the clients.
I don't feel there is not a ton of room for growth within the company. As a residential counselor, really the only place to go without further education is to become a program director.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more picky with who you hire. Or offer much more training if people do not have experience. A great staff that can work well with the population will set up your clients to be more successful. It will allow you smoother running programs as well. Maybe your PD's won't be so stressed because their employees will be able to handle more things on their own!

Very Disorganized

Residential Counselor (Current Employee)
    Springfield, MA

I have been working at ServiceNet full-time

Pros: -All training is paid for (CPR, etc.) Cons: -Disorganized -Supervisors don't seem to know what they're doing -Pay is very low for the type of work required -They claim… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Poor working conditions , poor salary's and Corporate Greed

Direct Care, Training PCA (Current Employee)
    Northampton, MA

I have been working at ServiceNet full-time for more than a year

Pros: Only pro is the satisfaction of working with the mental… Cons: Poor salary, bad working conditions, long hours, poor management. Advice to Senior Management: redesign all the programs, hire staff with education. Improve the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ServiceNet.

Worked for ServiceNet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ServiceNet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ServiceNet CEO Susan Stubbs. All reviews posted anonymously by ServiceNet employees.