There are newer employer reviews for ServiceNow

Avoid

Former Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at ServiceNow full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunities to travel and get Hilton HHonors reward points

If you really want to join the development organization then your best bet is to be a developer. Not a good place for product managers at all. QE is a great place if your goal is mediocrity and limited career growth. Managers seem to get fired more frequently then ICs.

Choose your VP carefully. Each VP org is vastly different with some much better than others. Try to get to know the organization ahead of time through friends and colleagues. Then hope the horse you're riding on doesn't get sent to the glue factory (your VP doesn't get fired).

Cons

No working from home. My manager repeatedly sent out emails to my team to remind us "The ServiceNow development organization doesn't allow for working from home as a common practice. Last minute emergencies exist and will be tolerated." She said if your car is in the shop then rent a car and make sure you're in the office. Picking up relatives or waiting for handyman are not considered legitimate reasons. This may be SOP in San Diego but not in Silicon Valley.

Get your house in order. The hard part lies ahead and you're resting on your laurels.

96 Other Employee Reviews for ServiceNow (View Most Recent)

Exciting place with a lot of opportunities for growth

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are empowered to make changes, present ideas, and "disrupt" processes that might be outdated or inefficient.
    The extremely fast growth means that we aren't burdened by a lot of decades-old bureaucracy.
    We have the amenities we need to make our day comfortable, like a gym, cafeteria, food trucks (in San Diego), free snacks and drinks, beer bashes, and quality hardware.
    The company feels brand new, despite being 10 years old, and the possibilities are great.
    This might seem like a con to some people, but high-performers will be glad to know that low-performers and non-contributors aren't allowed to stick around for years sucking up resources.

Cons

The fast-paced environment means that there is uncertainty. What might be true today might be different tomorrow.
    Fire drills aren't uncommon. If you're used to an environment where the schedule sticks no matter what, and products aren't changed midstream, A) you are probably bored and B) this isn't the place for you.
    There is a lot of focus on numbers.

Start thinking about how we can have fewer fire drills and still innovate and create great products.
    Try to put more trust in your teams to make decisions that are best for both the customers and for the people developing the product.

Good company with good benefit

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

Pros

Nice Payment, 140~160k for MS+1/2 years experience.
    Nice life/work balance.
    in expansion now, provide more jobs at this time.

Cons

No free lunch provided here

There are newer employer reviews for ServiceNow