There are newer employer reviews for ServiceSource

Laid back work environment. Good job for recent grads.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Young environment. Lots of flexibility on hours. Decent bonuses

Cons

Way too much micro-management. SREV preaches being your own boss, but calls are closely monitored several times daily and there are too many meetings and updates about your territory required by management.

Advice to Management

If employee's are succeeding, let them keep doing what they're doing. No need to try to fix what isn't broken.

reviews filtered by

Mindnumbing work, no advancement, poor management, and inadequate communication

Current Employee - Operations Services Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Services Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Young Culture
    Downtown Nashville

My coworkers are great. Everyone here is college educated and very fun to be around, but often don't get treated with the amount of respect and appreciation that they deserve.

Cons

Salary (especially for Operations Services, which pales in comparison to sales)
    Little motivation (especially for Operations Services; hint...a "gold star" only works for Kindergarteners; we need tangible motivation)

The stratification between not only Sales and Operations, but also between different Operations teams is outrageous. You sometimes feel as if you are on an island, both in terms of pay as well as in terms of the tasks and objectives you are asked to achieve. There is very little in the way of professional guidance, and though the company claims to invest in its employees and their careers, it mostly pertains to the Sales side of things. In Ops, you get the feeling you are very much the redheaded stepchild of the company. They are trying to change this, but apparently it hasn't been very effective so far as we've seen no trickle down effect.

The bottom line when it comes to managerial and most of the communication problems I've seen is that there is no desire and no push to really understand and care what the issues are. As long as money is being made, it seems that the attitude is everyone is happy and kosher, when in reality, most folks are here until they can find something better, or until they can't stand it anymore. The job market's poor performance right now is the reason so many great folks stay at ServiceSource.

Again, this comes from one person, but I've heard many of these sentiments expressed by others on my team.

Advice to Management

Care more. Don't bro around about things. Just because the majority of us are young and might be slightly less experienced does not mean that we don't notice things. We live in a world now where as young people, we must be very analytical about the things that are occurring around us and trust me, people do notice themselves being taken advantage of.

Also, give employees opportunities to critique their team leads and managers. It seems as though we are always at fault for things and in order to have a proper flow of communication we need to be able to send the flow of correction in both directions. There are currently no documents or processes for us to give our opinion on certain management practices.

2. ServiceSource is a fun, open minded, challenging company that could improve in employee communication and expectation.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, hours are stable (sometimes requiring overtime), & pay is good for a stepping stone job. Great team atmosphere, often having outings, and other group exercises to create more team oriented environment. Proactively solving problems is rewarded with praise and other more 'real' incentives (gift cards, PTO, etc).

Cons

Due to limited number of management opportunities, not really a career job. Because it is a younger company, there is more inexperience at management and cohort levels. Job expectations can sometimes vary widely and unexpectedly, albeit remaining fairly reasonable.

Advice to Management

Management procrastinates on communicating important information to employees, which can be quite frustrating. More open communication on expectations, org changes, etc. would be a HUGE help.

There are newer employer reviews for ServiceSource