Services for the UnderServed
www.sus.org New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

You will go far if you know the right people

(Former Employee)

ProsThey promote from within, some people have been there an average 10-25 years. The quality of your work is not as important as how well you play office politics, which is good for employees new to the field of social services. Office camaraderie can be good with a positive team of colleagues. Many different divisions to get involved with if you get bored after a few years in one division.

ConsUnfortunately, there is limited training (if any) for the management/director-level professionals. Lack of management skills are apparent with low employee engagement, questionable promotion decisions, and high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer adequate training for management level. i.e. There are different skills needed to be a case manager v. being a director of case management.

SUS Strong

Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Services for the UnderServed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I was able to learn many essential skills. Cons: Some of the system are archaic Advice to Senior Management: Some of the best people i worked with in a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good

I have been working at Services for the UnderServed

Pros: Great People to work with. Cons: There are not enough hours More
There are newer reviews on Services for the UnderServed.

Worked for Services for the UnderServed? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Services for the UnderServed reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Services for the UnderServed employees.