Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Servpro Industries

Pros

This company is a great place to work and advance your career. The management believes in their employees and work hard to create a mutually beneficial relationship.

Cons

The work can be and often is hard, requiring long hours. They are also go way out of their way to accommodate employees that don't work as hard

Other Reviews for Servpro Industries

A stable and growing company - who wouldn't love it?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at Servpro Industries

Pros

Privately-held; family-owned; debt-free; growing; many awards; amazing co-workers with a vision for our future; opportunities for advancement; ability to be heard; solid company; helping others to succeed while advancing yourself - great "feel good" job.

Cons

Growth always has pains and the communication is not always clear; family-owned; moving from a traditional workplace into a more flexible environment. The pluses definitely out weigh the minuses. I can see positive changes happening.

Thank you for the opportunity to work here but please listen to us closely - especially when it comes to the Employee Survey. Continue to change our culture into one that everyone will be attracted to (attire, flex-time, virtual office) and less paperwork would be nice!

The shortest career at Servpro ever....

Former Employee - Marketing Representative  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Servpro Industries

Pros

I was only there for 2 1/2 days before I was let go. Of the training I received, it seemed top notch. The company really seems to care about the franchise's success. The route sales program sounds great and I think will work for practically any type of outgoing sales professional.(Which I am) I think I would enjoy the job and do extremely well, if given the chance. The culture of my office was friendly somewhat, but I might have read that wrong considering that the feedback was very negative to my employer in the end. Everyone has a personal relationship with the owners of my franchise, which could be good, in my case was probably not. I sincerely believe that Servpro is great, it may be a hit or miss depending on the franchise though. Regardless, everyone was professional and seemed very competent when doing their job (of what I saw). I really was excited to get in with Servpro and was looking forward to a long career with a company with such a wonderful reputation and that really cares.

Cons

Well, I was hired Monday, started Tuesday and was let go Thursday. As I said, VERY short time here, so I do not know the "ins and outs" as it were. I have a background in Marketing and Sales, and I believe that was why I was hired. Tuesday, I spent the entire day on the computer doing training. So I was unable to have any sort of interaction with anyone all day. The two individuals that were in the office with me, more or less left me to my own and had lunch in the office of one. I figured I was just a new girl and so they were distantly friendly. On my second day, I was sent out to the field with the other Marketing rep to observe some jobs being done. Well, the other Marketing rep got very involved in the job, including doing some demo work also. Honestly, I was very uncomfortable since I was unsure of what was going on, it being only my second day. I carried a few bags of debris for the techs, but that was about it and spent the majority of the day standing out in 100+ degrees while the other rep worked inside with the tech. I interacted with the home owner for a bit and tried to be involved, but since I am not a tech and have no background in this industry, I was just trying to learn the ropes more or less. After the job, the other Marketing rep and I stopped for a coffee on the way back to the office and chit chatted about our children (it was pleasant) and then after arriving back to the office, I gathered up my stuff and headed home. On my third and final day I arrived and went right into my training on the computer. The other rep asked me what I thought of the day before and I was honest that I was still a little confused. I was there a couple of hours when the HR/Business manager asked to me see me in his office and proceeded to let me know that the Owners got feedback from others and felt I wasn't the right fit for Servpro. I personally asked for feedback also. Apparently I was too subdued and was not "bubbly" enough. I really did not know how to respond to that considering I was only there a couple of days and was still getting a feel for the culture of the office. Obviously, I had not even gotten to the point of being on a route or actually doing anything but learning. I was very taken back and asked if I should just move to a different industry all together. He suggested admin work instead for this industry, which surprises me since I have been in the sales and marketing field for 10 years and in a variety of industries and have always excelled. In fact, I already had two leads from my personal contacts that I wanted to make my coi's.

This is my experience with only one franchise. I am positive it would have not happened anywhere else. I can honestly say that I found the experience odd and very unprofessional considering that I was not able to even show my potential at the job I was hired to do.

I suppose the only thing I suggest is to allowing your new hires to get their feet wet for perhaps a week, maybe two prior to letting them go. It would make more sense to offer feedback a couple of weeks in and then see what happens when the person is actually doing the job they were hired to do. If that person is unable to meet the criteria, then sure, fire them. However, hiring and firing people on a whim after just a couple of days seems unprofessional. I know that Servpro just lost one of the best people they could have had for a silly reason. I think this has perhaps more to do with personality, than anything, and nothing to do with my competence. That is very sad because I think the Corporate company would be shocked to know that this franchise would do this and treat great sales people this way.

There are newer employer reviews for Servpro Industries.

Worked for Servpro Industries? Contribute to the Community!