There are newer employer reviews for Seton Healthcare Family

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at Seton Healthcare Family

Pros

They gave us the most support if we wanted to improve ourselves. Advancement and other transfers are definitely pluses. The work day is filled, making time fly. It has a very active social network, also. This ensures team work.

Cons

Distance from Lakeway. Nothing wrong with the company.

Keep up the good work rewarding outstanding work.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Seton Healthcare Family (View Most Recent)

Depends on your department...

Former Employee - Applications Systems Analyst  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Systems Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Seton Healthcare Family

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. It's a large network with lots of opportunities for growth. As a non-profit, most if not all employees seemed truly concerned about their patients & giving back to the community.

Cons

The religious affliation was a downside to me. It does seem to permeate the atmosphere. It is a large & complex organization so depending on who you work for & in what department you can either thrive or stagnate. I started working in a department that was really fragmented and had so many internal problems that I was not appropriately trained to do my job. I felt like I was just treading water for the 2 years I worked there. It was very frustrating and eventually lended to my leaving.

Senor Management needs to take active role in every department at Seton.

Haven for lazy employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Seton Healthcare Family

Pros

You won't be over-worked and getting time off is never a problem. Deadlines are pretty much optional and working arrangements are pretty flexible.

Cons

There is no accountability and no merit promotions. So, every year, if HR decides a "market adjustment" is needed for a particular job code, everyone in that job code receives the same percent increase in pay (which usually only amounts to two to three percent anyway). The culture is very centered around "tribal knowledge" which gives certain long standing members of departments much more job security than they should have. A common management tactic for addressing problems is "ignore it and see if it goes away".

Start running the organization like a real business where people are held accountable.

There are newer employer reviews for Seton Healthcare Family

Worked for Seton Healthcare Family? Contribute to the Community!