Seton Healthcare Family
www.seton.net Austin, TX 5000+ Employees

I enjoyed the work environment and the passion of my supervisors for the work we shared.

Manager (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsMission/Vision oriented. Care about doing what is best for the community. Benefits are solid. Good at communicating about the vision and how employees can contribute. Support work/life balance and have a whole section of the organization focused on this. Offer classes on stress relief and health/wellness. Prayer and worship is supported.

ConsBig company so slow to change. Poor performers often get locked into positions and stay for a long time. Pay seems lower than competitors. Pay progression is confusing. New hires can come in a make more or the same as someone who has been with the company for a long time just because of how the company is doing or market trends. So salary increases seem to lag behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to 360 reviews, be willing to make decisions based on performance rather than seniority or internal connections.

Not great if you work hard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Seton Healthcare Family

Pros: Some great people work there. Cons: Allow harassment towards multiple women by a manager of the area. Multiple complaints, nothing done. Hard workers will… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the workers. The ones that work hard should not have to endure harassment. Policies… More

Due to budget cuts, staffing is kept to a minimum in vital departments, putting patient safety at risk.

Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Seton Healthcare Family full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Seton does provide excellent benefits at a very low minimum hours per week requirement, including insurance (medical, dental, vision), and the coverage is reasonably good.… Cons: When faced with budget constraints, employers will force you to use the paid time off you have a accrued and take days off that you… Advice to Senior Management: Improve anonymity of HR complaints, enforce policies relating to supervisor relationships to their employees (supervisors should not be Facebook friends with their employees, for example),… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Seton Healthcare Family.

Worked for Seton Healthcare Family? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seton Healthcare Family reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Seton Healthcare Family CEO Jesús Garza. All reviews posted anonymously by Seton Healthcare Family employees.