There are newer employer reviews for Seton Medical Center

I love working here.

Current Employee - Staff Nurse II in Daly City, CA
Current Employee - Staff Nurse II in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Seton Medical Center part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Our department is full of long term employees- not a lot of turnover. So you get to feel like a family. I feel like I work in a very supportive, team focused environment. We are all there for the same purpose... to take care of our patients. I feel like we have a strong network of doctors, nurses, and support staff.

Cons

Sometimes we are a bit short staffed... and so that adds a bit of stress to the job.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Seton Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Company it self was good, very poor Rehab manager.

Current Employee - Physical Therapy Assistant in Moss Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapy Assistant in Moss Beach, CA

I have been working at Seton Medical Center

Pros

Pay is good; most jobs are union.

Cons

Poor management in the Rehab dept.

Housekeeper

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Daly City, CA

I worked at Seton Medical Center

Pros

Making $17.00 an hour is better than nothing. If you can stomach cleaning up after surgeries and incontinent patients, the money is enough to help with bills around the house. Because the hospital is so big and the department so small, you are left alone for most of your shift. You don't have to worry about being micromanaged.

Cons

You are working for less than $40,000 a year to clean up after surgeries and incontinent patients. There are also patients with TB, Noroviruses, and other contagious illnesses, so you have to be very careful about protecting your self before, during, and after you enter a room. If you become ill or injured and need time off, they supervisors will not sympathize with you. Instead they will discipline you the first time, and fire you the second. For such low wages, it is not worth the way you will be treated there.

Be more compassionate and sympathetic to employees who become injured or ill while doing their jobs. The hospital's motto, "Five Star Service, Every Patient, Every Encounter," should be applied to employees as well as patients.

There are newer employer reviews for Seton Medical Center