Housekeeper

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Daly City, CA
Former Employee - Housekeeper in Daly City, CA

I worked at Seton Medical Center

Pros

Making $17.00 an hour is better than nothing. If you can stomach cleaning up after surgeries and incontinent patients, the money is enough to help with bills around the house. Because the hospital is so big and the department so small, you are left alone for most of your shift. You don't have to worry about being micromanaged.

Cons

You are working for less than $40,000 a year to clean up after surgeries and incontinent patients. There are also patients with TB, Noroviruses, and other contagious illnesses, so you have to be very careful about protecting your self before, during, and after you enter a room. If you become ill or injured and need time off, they supervisors will not sympathize with you. Instead they will discipline you the first time, and fire you the second. For such low wages, it is not worth the way you will be treated there.

Advice to Management

Be more compassionate and sympathetic to employees who become injured or ill while doing their jobs. The hospital's motto, "Five Star Service, Every Patient, Every Encounter," should be applied to employees as well as patients.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Neutral

I have been working at Seton Medical Center

Pros

There are two main hospital networks in Austin, Seton is the better of the two.

Cons

Computer system is not always the most user friendly.

Advice to Management

Provide clear direction concerning career ladder requirements.

2. Great Hospital!

Former Employee - Unit Secretary Clinical Assistant II in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Unit Secretary Clinical Assistant II in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seton Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked on the Med/Surgical/GI Unit on the 5th floor of Seton Medical Center Austin. I absolutely loved the entire team including our managers. There was really a sense of "family" on the unit.

Cons

Before I left, the entire hospital was switching to the 12 hour shifts only.

Advice to Management

Monetary bonuses were very much appreciated at the end of the year!