Seton Medical Center

Housekeeper

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Daly City, CA
Former Employee - Housekeeper in Daly City, CA

I worked at Seton Medical Center

Pros

Making $17.00 an hour is better than nothing. If you can stomach cleaning up after surgeries and incontinent patients, the money is enough to help with bills around the house. Because the hospital is so big and the department so small, you are left alone for most of your shift. You don't have to worry about being micromanaged.

Cons

You are working for less than $40,000 a year to clean up after surgeries and incontinent patients. There are also patients with TB, Noroviruses, and other contagious illnesses, so you have to be very careful about protecting your self before, during, and after you enter a room. If you become ill or injured and need time off, they supervisors will not sympathize with you. Instead they will discipline you the first time, and fire you the second. For such low wages, it is not worth the way you will be treated there.

Be more compassionate and sympathetic to employees who become injured or ill while doing their jobs. The hospital's motto, "Five Star Service, Every Patient, Every Encounter," should be applied to employees as well as patients.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Seton Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Neutral

I have been working at Seton Medical Center

Pros

There are two main hospital networks in Austin, Seton is the better of the two.

Cons

Computer system is not always the most user friendly.

Provide clear direction concerning career ladder requirements.

I loved being a nurse there!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Daly City, CA

I worked at Seton Medical Center part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great schedule, great pay, supportive staff, great doctors. I was able to balance my family life with my work life very easily here. The managers were very good about creating a flexible schedule.

Cons

I think most of the benefits were great... but now there is an unsure future for the hospital, so that's a con

There are newer employer reviews for Seton Medical Center