The American Dream...but for real

Current Employee - Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The American Dream doesn't hold the weight it used to. Before, a man/woman could move up to the top with hard work, determination, and a bit of cleverness. Now, those very same people are drowning in debt, distracted by pointless materialism, and generally discouraged from any sort of betterment of their lives through their craft...even, and especially, in certain sectors of the technological industry. This is NOT the case at SevOne. An intern can come in and with the aforementioned ideals, and work their way to a very very good position. SevOne rewards hard work, determination, and lots of cleverness, and they reward it well.

Other than that, the people here are the nicest and smartest people you could ever hope to meet. The environment might actually be better than the opportunity. Great company parties, everyone is constantly joking and having fun while they work. Open floor plan. You can't lose.

Cons

The only cons I've run into have to do with the type of frontend technology we use. It isn't bad, and it works well enough for what we do, however it leaves me wanting in terms of novelty. It's a very small con though. In some ways it's actualyl made me a much better developer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I've been an employee at SevOne for over a year and a half

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SevOne provides a great environment to work in and has great employees that all want the customer to be happy and the company to continue to be successful. Its great to work at a place where people actually care about their work and care about their results.

The company has a very bright future

Cons

Lack of training
    Long work days

Advice to Management

Implement more training for employees to expand their current knowledgebase which will allow them to grow withing their role at the company and be able to handle more tasks and roles

2. Lots of great opportunities

Current Employee - Team Lead in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opinions help develop the product, lots of potential internal growth, competitive salary, awesome happy hours, company lunches, cake

Cons

No bonuses, I don't really have any cons...