There are newer employer reviews for Seva

A Company You Would be Lucky to Work For!

Current Employee - Director in Highland Park, IL
Current Employee - Director in Highland Park, IL

I have been working at Seva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with Seva for almost a year and as I look back, I can genuinely say that it has exponentially reciprocated what I have put into the company. I immediately worked hard to earn the trust of my leaders and as a result, have been given the freedom to develop and execute programs that enrich the lives of our franchisees. People rarely get the opportunity to be inspired on a daily basis. People rarely get the chance to see their ideas implemented on a national scale. Many people will never know what it feels like to respect the people they work for and be respected in return. I have been given these gift at Seva. Coming to work everyday has been an absolute joy for me. I am fortunate to be part of a work environment that provides me the unique balance of independence and the support I need. The company is lead exceptionally and is expanding on all levels because of this. It should be noted that I am generously compensated for my contributions. However, even more significant than money, I feel that I am recognized as a valuable part of the team. Seva is an up and coming franchise in the industry. I am confident that we will continue to produce great salons and spas for our customers to visit and great franchises for our Partners to own. If they continue to treat their corporate employees as they do, there is no limit to where we will go. Anyone would be lucky to be a part of Seva's corporate team, I know I am.

Cons

If you are afraid of hard work, this is not the position for you!

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing!

May 11, 2015 – COO

You continue to inspire and lead by example, not only to the Operations team that you lead, but also to all the other members of our small, but highly talented corporate executive team, not to ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Exciting Company Full of Opportunities

Former Employee - Director of Franchising in Highland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Director of Franchising in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Seva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seva is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing company and engage in different projects everyday. You will learn about growing small businesses from people who know and you will get the chance to think and learn like an entrepreneur. You will be held to the core values of Honesty, Loyalty and Skill, these are non negotiable. Fast paced environment, you will be expected to work hard everyday. There are specific structures you will be expected to work in and you should plan to work collaboratively as well as on your own. At the end of the day you own your projects and will be able to put your stamp on them. This company is full of opportunity and will be growing very quickly.

Cons

Occasionally, dealing with franchisees can be frustrating. People skills and relationship management are critical, and though difficult at times, these relationships are ultimately rewarding when franchise locations are open.

May 11, 2015 – COO

Oh how we miss this former executive team member! She came from a completely different background but came highly recommended. We took a chance on her and she exceeded our expectations in every way ... More

Immatures, unprofessional and do not live up to their core values

Former Employee - Director in Highland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Seva full-time

Pros

The company has a great concept that is working. Walmart signed off on the concept and now Seva has an exclusivity right to have their salons in any Walmart that has space available.

Cons

I have years of experience working at a Fortune 500 company and I earned an MBA at a reputable school. When I decided to consider to come work for the company, I was inspired by the opportunity that this start-up had the potential to achieve. Their core values are honesty, loyalty and skill, but these are just words. They do not live up by them. No benefits. No sick time. The outsourced HR director informs you that you have 10 days of vacation but the papers that you need to sign to get the job officially state that you only have maybe 5 days in the first year, 7 in the second year. Paid holidays seem to be not exactly official days off. On the eve of the Labor Day holiday, the owner asked if employees wanted to take the day off or continue working... The company is run by a husband and wife and their nephew. I've been unprofessionally treated by each of them as well as other executive staff who survived to stay there for 5-6 months (and these two are their oldest employees who are not family). Some things are just too ridiculous to mention. On the first day of work, I was told that the attire should be business casual and they didn't want me to come in my pajamas to work. I was asked on a few occasions to script what I am going to say on the phone word by word, e.g. Hello, this is so and so... I did that and then I was critiqued on what I wrote. When you take notes for yourself, they want to see and review what you wrote, so it can be critiqued. There is a lot of second-guessing on everything you do and a lack of trust. The work environment in general is very unpleasant. I worked long hours and genuinely worked hard every day. I guess the owners didn't like that I looked stressed, which I did because of many responsibilities and tasks that I had successfully accomplish every day. Beware, if you are in the interview process for a job at Seva HQ, you are likely to be interviewed by someone who has an esthetician/cosmetology license. My hiring manager didn't know what MBA was, she called it Master of Business Development.

Advice to Management

You gotta live outside the box as well. The world does not spin around you. If you want to grow, you need to learn how to trust employees outside of family, treat them fairly and retain them. When you employ an executive team at HQ, you cannot apply the same hiring/employee retaining practices that you do for hiring an esthetician or a cosmetologist, if you plan to be successful.

Dec 10, 2014 – COO

Thank you for your candid feedback and for the positive comments about our business model. Frankly, we now use your feedback in our hiring interviews to help ensure that new hires fit our core ... More