Severstal North America

www.severstalna.com
  www.severstalna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Severstal North America

sayes they care about employees and safety but that is just a show

Current Employee - Crane Operator in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Crane Operator in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Severstal North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

pay and benefits, majority of union brothers and sisters good co workers

Cons

cramming swing shift down peoples throats, inept middle management, the bottom line is they talk a good game but dont walk it

LISTEN AND RESPECT YOUR EMPLOYEES OPINIONS AND PERSONAL LIFES

30 Other Employee Reviews for Severstal North America (View Most Recent)

Severstal Clerk

Current Employee - Clerk in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Clerk in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Severstal North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, Informal environment, Shuttle to and from parking lot

Cons

Not very professional, communication skills lacking

Workers=perform Managment=inept

Current Employee - Millwright in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Millwright in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Severstal North America

Pros

Very good pay for trades when you look at other mills, the work we actually have to do, the state of the economy and availability of finding another job. If I need help I can get it. If I need tools/equipment I usually have it available. The day to day work of trades in my dept. is predictable so work stress is manageable. Benefits package has covered everything I've needed it for. OT is readily available for trades.

Cons

Mid level and upper management are honest to god complete morons when it comes to running the day to day operations. Problems in equipment, processes, people and other resources are known, addressed by the hourly staff but 99% ignored by management. Tonnage is king and as long as they "make the daily numbers" no one in the higher up ranks care. Severstal management LOVES to spout off World Class and Safety First. Those things only apply AFTER production is made, managment has no clue what World Class means and their daily actions prove it. I have half a career under my belt, make more money with each year that passes and I honestly like my job, I'm not jaded about anything. My comments on management are based on MANY years of watching boss after boss, at every level, make the EXACT SAME mistakes as those before them. What's even sadder is that the previous mistakes are right there in front of them, on paper, in discussions or it's something physical and tangible that shows no doubt "it doesn't work", but they make the mistakes again and again.

Actually LISTEN to your hourly workers. When MANY people tell you something and ALL those people have been here YEARS longer then you and they are ALL saying the same thing...odds are there is something to what they are saying.

There are newer employer reviews for Severstal North America