Severstal North America

www.severstalna.com

The work is exciting but the environment is depressing and tedious

Process Control Engineer (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

Pros401k employer contributions are comparable/competitive.
Lots of smart people around so that means amazing place source of knowledge and information. There are enough people that care about the work that they do so we still have quality products.

ConsAttitudes are very toxic, due to years of "punishment" working at company where management and upper management never communicate real issues with owner in order to solve real problems. In short there is major disconnect up the food chain after issues are taken to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the consider the people that work for you when making decisions. Put yourselves in our shoes, literally come out for one week and get involved in the process so that you can see what the employees deal with everyday.Learn more about what the people in each department does by actually being there next to them.

sayes they care about employees and safety but that is just a show

Crane Operator (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Severstal North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: pay and benefits, majority of union brothers and sisters good… Cons: cramming swing shift down peoples throats, inept middle management, the bottom… Advice to Senior Management: LISTEN AND RESPECT YOUR EMPLOYEES OPINIONS AND PERSONAL LIFES No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Severstal Clerk

Clerk (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Severstal North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good pay, Informal environment, Shuttle to and from parking lot Cons: Not very professional, communication skills lacking Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Severstal North America.

Worked for Severstal North America? Contribute to the Community!