There are newer employer reviews for Severstal North America

Not Such a Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Stationary Eng  in  Sparrows Point, MD
Current Employee - Stationary Eng in Sparrows Point, MD

I have been working at Severstal North America

Pros

Medical benefits, Vacation package is good. Other than that there really isn't to much of anything to brag about. With the right management style and capital investment this could be a more pleasant place to work.

Cons

At the Sparrows Point Plant, The new management is running the place into the ground. They aren't fixing to much of anything. Not sinking any money into the plant. We have been working without a new contract for 2 years now (old contract). The Russians are doing what they want when they want to. Not honoring local agreements wether they are verbal or written.

Management needs to mage the company in a positive way. They need to stop turning a blind eye to the negative things that are done here and make the people responsible for the negative things done here. Invest capitol in the company for repairs, think outside the box. We don't have any real visionaries in this place.....they need to get some good talent in here, not the same old people all the time.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Severstal North America (View Most Recent)

Worst place to work!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Severstal North America

Pros

Great health care benefits and 401K plan. Mid level management was good and respectful, too bad upper management was not.

Cons

Worst place that I have ever worked for in my life. Senior management is horrible and is only concerned with covering their own butt. I would rather be unemployed living in the streets then working one more day for this company, worst experience of my life.

Treat your employees with a little respect and smile. People do not like working there because leadership is too concerned with trying to look good and not respecting your employees.

Stay Away!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Severstal North America

Pros

The benefits are average for the industry. The work environment (for the most part) is full of good people trying to get by and they're generally good people to work with.

Cons

The company has no clue about how to recognize and evaluate their talent. The company has no direction. The managment team only listens to lip service and they really don't look at true employee output.

Get a clue! Look at actual abilities and an employees desire for cross training. You have lost so much talent by listeneing to the wrong people and not understanding your workforce!

There are newer employer reviews for Severstal North America

Worked for Severstal North America? Contribute to the Community!