Severstal North America
www.severstalna.com Dearborn, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great People, Teamwork Environment

Hot Mill Maintenance (Former Employee)
Columbus, MS

ProsThe incentive program at Severstal Columbus keeps everyone motivated and leads to great compensation if everyone does their part. The equipment at this mill is state of the art.

ConsThe only downside I can think of is the heat, but I really didn't mind it and the company does a good job supplying water, fruit to keep workers energized.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seemed to always be miscommunication between different segments of the plant. If a defect came up in the cold mill, they would blame the hot mill and vice versa. Eliminating this divide between hot mill and cold mill may help solve problems in processing rather than create them.

Company culture is poisonous.

Cost Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dearborn, MI

I worked at Severstal North America

Pros: None. Well maybe a few. Steel manufacturing is… Cons: Where do I begin. The culture is poisonous. Middle management is completely inept, secretive and not insightful. They completely rely on the… Advice to Senior Management: Start doing some work, listen to your subordinates; they have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not Such a Good Place to Work

Stationary Eng (Current Employee)
    Sparrows Point, MD

I have been working at Severstal North America

Pros: Medical benefits, Vacation package is good. Other than that there really isn't to much of anything to brag… Cons: At the Sparrows Point Plant, The new management is running the place into the ground. They aren't fixing to much of anything. Not sinking any… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to mage the company in a positive way. They need to stop turning a blind eye to the negative things that are done… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Severstal North America.

Worked for Severstal North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Severstal North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Severstal North America CEO Saikat Dey. All reviews posted anonymously by Severstal North America employees.