Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health System
shadowmountainbhs.com Tulsa, OK

I love my job at Shadow Mountain. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the management at the facility.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK

ProsThe physician that I work with is competent,caring, and ethical.. I admire his compassion and knowledge so much that I have thus far been willing to overlook the low pay, poor management,low morale, and extremely high turnover rate. We work with some of the most mistreated and troubled children in my community. I feel that along with some exemplary therapists and mental health techs, we have been able to make a real difference all working together as a team.

ConsThe pay is quite low compared to other facilities in the area. Staff morale is the worst I have seen in in my career. The turnover rate is unbelievable. This includes many well respected middle and upper management positions. Many nursing positions are vacant for long periods of time due to the low pay and unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise the people at the corporate level to take a closer look at what is happening at this facility. The amount of money they are spending training and hiring new employees has to be astronomical. It is common knowledge that unhappy employees are less productive and call in more frequently, which leads to more overtime and a higher likelihood that work will be of poor quality with higher incidence of errors, etc. This facility is owned by a large corporation that is in the Fortune 500. They know better. I have talked to employees that have worked at other facilities owned by UHS and they have reported much better conditions as well as higher pay.

Great Learning Opportunity. Rewarding work with kids.

MHT (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pros to this job is that you get to learn firsthand what it is like to work with youth with depression or abusive histories. … Cons: The work is intense. The effort is worthwhile especially on the days when… Advice to Senior Management: I worked mostly with my unit supervisor and nurse. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

New Management

I have been working at Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health System

Pros: The environment is pleasant most of the time. It is fast paced and things are different every day. It… Cons: The pay is deplorable. There is manipulation and intimidation that comes from higher ups that is… Advice to Senior Management: Get a new CEO More
There are newer reviews on Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health System.

Worked for Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health System CEO Mike Kistler. All reviews posted anonymously by Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health System employees.