There are newer employer reviews for ShadowShopper

Everyone that I communicate with has been very helpful and great and they thank you when you help them out.

Current Contractor - Mystery Shopper in Fort Worth, TX
Current Contractor - Mystery Shopper in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at ShadowShopper as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You work when you want. You check your email and accept jobs from there or you check the job board to apply for jobs

Cons

The pay isn't great unless you can do several jobs a day. Everything is spread out out here but I once did 3 jobs and it took me all day driving mostly and I made $33.00. I'm sure I spent that in gas.

Advice to Management

You might consider mileage for us because the gas prices have made it almost impossible to make any money when it all goes into the gas tank. You should have someone call every once in a while just to see how we're doing, how's moral, do we need anything, can some things be better. I still am having a problem that I can't get resolved and plan on trying again Monday

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It helps pay the bills

Current Contractor - Contractor in Claremore, OK
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Claremore, OK

I have been working at ShadowShopper as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Jobs can truly be fun and interesting! If you have GREAT time management skills, these can sometimes be worked into the schedule of other paying jobs (like a lunch Shop - get a paid lunch and paid Shop Job during the lunch hour of a regular job). That is a Win-Win! But they do take a LOT of time, then their reports must be filed - in a quick fashion!

Cons

Many jobs will only allow you to do ONE at a time (which being out on multiple jobs is where you can actually make a reasonable wage). Once you add your time and fuel in travel, time required to prepared the reporting required, time required to scan and download necessary documents or photos as well as submit your report(s) -all of which must be filed within a very short period of time, you are really making a few dollars an hour. When you realize this, you become disheartened.

Advice to Management

Seek out multiple jobs for ShadowShoppers - or ask if they are seeking multiple jobs for that day. You can search the schedules for anything open for them. Find ways for ShadowShoppers to meet the need of clients wanting their jobs shopped and reported as one job only in a fashion so that your Shopper can quickly obtain shop another job in that area without negating the desires of the client. Help your Shopper do this so they will be Happy (profitable shoppers) and your clients will receive timely reports!