Shakespeare Theatre Company

www.shakespearetheatre.org
  www.shakespearetheatre.org
There are newer employer reviews for Shakespeare Theatre Company

Great environment to gain a strong foundation and build a career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Shakespeare Theatre Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful venues, great talent, and a wonderful place to gain experience. Also an excellent benefits package. For a professional performing arts company management works diligently to provide competitive wages and benefits The work life balance has improved throughout the years with the company as well.

Cons

Depending on the department you may encounter limited upward mobility.

Encourage professional development and continued training in order to not end up with a workforce that is behind the eight ball in terms of field advancement. It will encourage employee retention, broaden capabilities, and benefit productivity.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Shakespeare Theatre Company (View Most Recent)

An attitude of you're lucky to work for them

I worked at Shakespeare Theatre Company

Pros

High quality of work
    Good name recognition

Cons

low pay, little chance for advancement
    disconnect between artistic and production
    feeling that production departments are significantly less valued/see as less professional than administrative and artistic roles.

yes, it's good to be employed if you work in the arts, but it doesn't give you an excuse to treat your employees like they have no choices.

Huge amount of experience and responsibilities, but not enough compensation or appreciation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Shakespeare Theatre Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I met some of the most amazing people I have ever known here. Great people who are passionate about what they do. Lots of responsibilities are given. Getting free tickets to events are easily the best perk.

Cons

My compensation for the huge amount of work I was doing was ridiculously low. Also little room to advance unless the position above you leaves. Little support or appreciation was shown for the amount of work I did on a daily basis.

Care about your employees work-life balance more, and compensate those who actually deserve it.

There are newer employer reviews for Shakespeare Theatre Company