There are newer employer reviews for Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts

pleasant and satisfactory

Current Contractor - Food Service Associate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
Current Contractor - Food Service Associate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

it helps me to pay my everyday expenses

Cons

very stressful but worth it

monitor the staff

reviews filtered by
  1. Working is very tough but the person who is willing to accept the challenges is a successful person

Current Intern - Trainee in Pulau Pinang (Malaysia)
    Current Intern - Trainee in Pulau Pinang (Malaysia)

I have been working at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I have the qualities like politeness, patience and most important hospitality which is mostly needed in all sector's of life.

Cons

There are no downsides till now.

According to my experience i see management people very polite nd have the qualities to satisfy their under staffs. This is most important to run the bussiness so keep it up.

2. A publicly traded company runs like a family store

Former Employee - Assistant Corporate Purchasing Manager At Head Office in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company tries to provide work life balance and induce corporate loyalty while promote teamwork. Annual bonus could be lucrative, could be up to 5 months, but it is not guarantee.

Cons

Senior Management are extremely incompetent where they do not walk their talk. There is no standard policy ad procedure at head office so that each and every solution is up to discretion of management. As a publicly traded company, head office has only one signing authority with no assigned bakup; when the signing authority is on leavre, everything that needs approval is on hold.

Start using their analytical skill instead of be satisfied with those who give a good talk only without action.

There are newer employer reviews for Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts