There are newer employer reviews for Shangri-La

its help me a lot to broader my knowledge in hospitality industry,being responsible in every task they give it to me.

Former Employee - Cook
Former Employee - Cook

I worked at Shangri-La as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

shangri-la hotel is the best foundation to develop and enhance your talent and skill.Its Broader your Knowledge and help you in the future being competitive to the others.work as a t

Cons

we always extend our time 2-3 hours.

work as a team/family don't argue with fellow colleagues learn to respect with your big boss or in the lower position. Time is very important.satisfied and delight the needs and wants of the guest.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Shangri-La (View Most Recent)

Working in SLAD

Former Employee - Guest Relation Officer in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Guest Relation Officer in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Shangri-La full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to start your career. Training method is well-organized. Opportunities are pretty fair in general. Diverse cultural background among employee will grow your skill in understanding how to co-work.

Cons

1. Management always affect employees in their working experience.
    The CURRENT management does not approach the employee in proper ways.

2. Promotion is not considered much in the educational background. Degree in hotel management and high school graduate stand same level.

3. SLAD provides meals, transportation and accommodation basically. The quality of these is underneath the standard.
    The quality of housing considers fair enough however the old villa is awful.
    Housing staffs seem not to look after enough of employee with their comments. Ignorance.

Great results in performance is important However they should learn how to show the cares to employee with attention.

Career enhancement & lots of opportunity for the hard working employees

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Shangri-La full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best Management Team, Empowered employees, Political free Human resource policies, Motivated employees and all the co workers, Training passport for all the employees (Mandatory), Stress on training all the employees (Including porter from Kitchen), Every employee is treated equally and is given equal opportunities to prove and improve themselves.

Cons

Salary in India was not sufficient for every employee

Salaries and bonus packages to be improved, Continue the encouragement and employee involvement practices, add more and more training facilities (worldwide) for each and every employee

There are newer employer reviews for Shangri-La