There are newer employer reviews for Shari's Restaurants

I love my job, but as with anything, there are a few things I would change, if I could.

Current Employee - General Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - General Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Shari's has a very family feel. I care greatly for the people I work for and for the people that work for me.
 - I am never bored. There are always new challenges which keeps my mind and body feeling alive and alert.
 - I have a good deal of independence, which I love. At the same time, there is always someone available to answer my questions.

Cons

- For the hours we work and the responsibility we have, the pay is fairly low. It used to be, if you were loyal to the company, you would get a decent raise every year, and so over time you could make a good salary. That is no longer true.
 - We work eleven hours every day. This leaves very little time for a personal life. It also leaves us physically exhausted.

Advice to Management

- If you don't give decent raises, there is no loyalty incentive.
- We are physically tired from the long hours.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to build a career.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is easy to move up within the company without having a lot of experience or education. The company has its own training programs that are very thorough and prepares you for a job with more responsibility. Also, the menu is great for this segment, they use a lot of fresh and interesting products, pie is great. Managers are very helpful, they actually work with you and help when it is busy.

Cons

There are a lot of changes to the menu, constant flow of new things. Business fluctuates so your hours go up and down.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the menu and your training programs.

2. Stressful and a Bit of a Joke

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants (More than 5 years)

Pros

Crew is great to work with and hard working.

Cons

Not enough employee recognition. Under staffed and upper management contradicts it's self almost all of the time. Promises advancement and then does not deliver. Very high turn over rate. Only part time hours available for majority of crew. Corporate seems to forget who really makes their paychecks.

Advice to Management

Better crew incentives and recognition is a must. Get everyone in management on the same page.