Shari's Restaurants

www.sharis.com
  www.sharis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Shari's Restaurants

Organization that offers endless growth and development opportunities for it's employees.

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Shari's offers each of it's employees all the trainining and development necessary to allow them the opportunity to reach their peak potential and career growth opportunities. A performance-based company, top performers are awarded with the opportunity to create a successful career path.

Cons

The hours can be long, as with any management job in the service industry, however the rewards can be great for those with exceptional skill-set and drive. Top-performing managers whom are dedicated have the opportunity to create a rich environment of success for all employees and themselves to enjoy.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Shari's Restaurants (View Most Recent)

General Manager

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants full-time

Pros

Guest centered from the top down, this hands on environment allows those who love people and are best at multi tasking to create a career. Feed back occurs frequently for both good and bad. Changes occur often allowing us to stay current. The food quality is something to be proud of as they look at ways to keep us fresh and new. The culture is of constant growth, change and adjustment challenges us to continue to grow and improve. The bonus structure is great, the benefits competitive, salary average. Communication is very good. There are a lot of great people in all levels.

Cons

The hours can challenge some, and aren't for everyone. The down sizing that occurred several years ago due to economy created the need for everyone to work harder and may not let up any time soon. This creates some problems with material updates and some issue for managers trying to do more with less. Not an insurmountable problem, we just have to work smarter.

I love my job, but as with anything, there are a few things I would change, if I could.

Current Employee - General Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - General Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Shari's has a very family feel. I care greatly for the people I work for and for the people that work for me.
     - I am never bored. There are always new challenges which keeps my mind and body feeling alive and alert.
     - I have a good deal of independence, which I love. At the same time, there is always someone available to answer my questions.

Cons

- For the hours we work and the responsibility we have, the pay is fairly low. It used to be, if you were loyal to the company, you would get a decent raise every year, and so over time you could make a good salary. That is no longer true.
     - We work eleven hours every day. This leaves very little time for a personal life. It also leaves us physically exhausted.

- If you don't give decent raises, there is no loyalty incentive.
    - We are physically tired from the long hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Shari's Restaurants