Sharp Electronics
www.sharpusa.com Mahwah, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sales & Marketing Budget Controller

Budget Controller (Former Employee)
Mahwah, NJ

ProsI met some really great people that I am still friends with today. But as far as a work environment this place SUCKED!!!!

ConsSHARP Electronics is a Japanese company operating in the USA. The Japanese management while polite do not trust you and will not allow you to flourish in terms of using your talents and skills. The American staff that worked there, during my tenure, was by far MUCH WORSE than the Japanese management. Petty minded, insecure, and in a lot of cases just second rate people. If you want a job where you show up every day and just do what needs to be done. If you're not interested in being promotoed and are happy with staying in the same position for the rest of your career. Then Sharp is the place for you. If you are young, and ambitious, don't even bother with it. You will be very unhappy and you won't stay long.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are the problem! SHARP USA is a Japanese company operating in the USA. They need to make it a US company. But given the financial problems with this company doesn't look like that will happen. I say RIP SHARP! You're done!

The long and winding road

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sharp Electronics full-time

Pros: Exposure to exciting new technology for the home, office, and mobile electronic markets.… Cons: Ideas and plans are difficult to get implemented. Usually they require a consensus of many people which is difficult to achieve and when decisions and… Advice to Senior Management: Need to think out of the box and implement ways… More

The Advantage of not working in the City

IT Assistant Director (Current Employee)
    Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Sharp Electronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Stability, employees are generally respectful of each other and salaries… Cons: Not much upward mobility in Tech, and not much entrepreneurial spirit.… Advice to Senior Management: Need more 2-way communication and feedback. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sharp Electronics.

Worked for Sharp Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sharp Electronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sharp Electronics CEO Kozo Takahashi. All reviews posted anonymously by Sharp Electronics employees.