There are newer employer reviews for Sharp Electronics (US)

Good company, tough future ahead

Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Mahwah, NJ
Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Business Culture; Work Life Balance

Cons

Competitive business; Japanese Ownership Limitations

Other Employee Reviews for Sharp Electronics (US)

The long and winding road

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time

Pros

Exposure to exciting new technology for the home, office, and mobile electronic markets. Exposure to interesting individuals from other Sharp subsidiaries and countries where they are located.

Cons

Ideas and plans are difficult to get implemented. Usually they require a consensus of many people which is difficult to achieve and when decisions and plans are approved they usually represent traditional thinking for the most part (at least the consumer electronics group and the copier business group). Also found management indecisive at times.

Advice to Management

Need to think out of the box and implement ways to foster more innovative thinking and ideas.

Sales & Marketing Budget Controller

Former Employee - Budget Controller in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Budget Controller in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some really great people that I am still friends with today. But as far as a work environment this place SUCKED!!!!

Cons

SHARP Electronics is a Japanese company operating in the USA. The Japanese management while polite do not trust you and will not allow you to flourish in terms of using your talents and skills. The American staff that worked there, during my tenure, was by far MUCH WORSE than the Japanese management. Petty minded, insecure, and in a lot of cases just second rate people. If you want a job where you show up every day and just do what needs to be done. If you're not interested in being promotoed and are happy with staying in the same position for the rest of your career. Then Sharp is the place for you. If you are young, and ambitious, don't even bother with it. You will be very unhappy and you won't stay long.

Advice to Management

They are the problem! SHARP USA is a Japanese company operating in the USA. They need to make it a US company. But given the financial problems with this company doesn't look like that will happen. I say RIP SHARP! You're done!