There are newer employer reviews for Sharp Electronics (US)

Too many hidden agendas

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time

Pros

Got paid decent, and I loved working with (some of) my customers, I also gained a great deal of knowledge and expertise both with and without my core area

Cons

The Santee branch was rife with drama. There were a number of HR violations that happened even prior to my arrival, some of which went unpunished. It was hard to respect some of the management based on a refusal to compensate fairly. Certain managers did not have the best interest of the company at heart; they only cared about their own personal agenda.

Times are tough and the product is hard to push which is why sometimes you have to try a different approach. Don't be afraid to try something different despite you thinking you know the best way to proceed. Sometimes, a small risk can yield a big gain in the long run.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Sharp Electronics (US) (View Most Recent)

Great people to work with but the internal politics prevent the company from achieving what it could.

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of really great rank and file employees who are extremely smart and have great ideas that could make Sharp competitive and move it forward.

Cons

The great ideas never are allowed to "bubble up" and see the light of day.
    There is too much disconnect between what various geographic markets need and what the HQ in Japan thinks is needed.

1 - To be successful Sharp cannot just be a Japanese company that sells products outside of Japan - It NEEDS to be an INTERNATIONAL company that makes products needed by the local markets.
    2 - Employees should be REQUIRED to give both the good and the bad in reports - if executive management is not getting ALL of the information bad decisions will be made.

Very volitile company

Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits was about the best part of the position

Cons

Financial troubles, manage based on fear, very volitile environment. Management not very encouraging

Staff behind the scenes never went the extra mile and in most cases if you had the wrong person the issue was never forwarded or were told who the correct person might be. Usually a message came back as not my responsibility. A very frustrating environment. Management should be more encouraging. It seemed to me the company had no direction and were several years behind the competition in programs and equipment technology.

There are newer employer reviews for Sharp Electronics (US)