There are newer employer reviews for Sharp Electronics (US)

Too many hidden agendas

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time

Pros

Got paid decent, and I loved working with (some of) my customers, I also gained a great deal of knowledge and expertise both with and without my core area

Cons

The Santee branch was rife with drama. There were a number of HR violations that happened even prior to my arrival, some of which went unpunished. It was hard to respect some of the management based on a refusal to compensate fairly. Certain managers did not have the best interest of the company at heart; they only cared about their own personal agenda.

Times are tough and the product is hard to push which is why sometimes you have to try a different approach. Don't be afraid to try something different despite you thinking you know the best way to proceed. Sometimes, a small risk can yield a big gain in the long run.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Sharp Electronics (US) (View Most Recent)

Very volitile company

Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits was about the best part of the position

Cons

Financial troubles, manage based on fear, very volitile environment. Management not very encouraging

Staff behind the scenes never went the extra mile and in most cases if you had the wrong person the issue was never forwarded or were told who the correct person might be. Usually a message came back as not my responsibility. A very frustrating environment. Management should be more encouraging. It seemed to me the company had no direction and were several years behind the competition in programs and equipment technology.

Lukewarm

I have been working at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A few dynamic people, some exciting technologies

Cons

Antiquated business model, and ethics that are no longer effective

Take deep, hard look at other companies and their strategies that have re emerged from broken molds, and glean some of their elements to incorporate in your "new" model...if you want to remain viable and relevant

There are newer employer reviews for Sharp Electronics (US)