Sharp HealthCare

There are newer employer reviews for Sharp HealthCare

Conflicted value system

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Data driven, reasonable benefits and pay

Cons

Limited advancement, nepotism, low tolerance for feedback , u must conform to the point of withholding disagreement, very top down, your feedback given lip service then the passive aggressive attacks begin

Most of the directors are insecure and they oppress anyone with talent, a lot of women have advanced by sleeping with docs...show an interest in patient safety that is genuine, director engage in regulatory work around..such an immature executive group directors and above

89 Other Employee Reviews for Sharp HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Solid company, administration runs well.

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, even if not a "health care professional," such as someone working in administration, finance, operations, or other support function. Good benefits, good work-life balance.

Cons

As with any large company, things are homogenized to blend with the corporate structure; also limited opportunities for advancement for those who are in support functions vs. health care specialists. Sharp is non-profit, so no big bonuses or windfall compensation packages.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Nurse RN in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse RN in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked in many hospitals during my career and I must say that Sharp is the best hospital I have worked in. The culture within Sharp makes it the best place to work. There are so many opportunities to grow within Sharp from advancement to experiencing differing jobs as a nurse or getting an education.

Cons

There is really no con to working at Sharp. In my opinion I could go without the union hounding me and co-workers to join them, but other than that I'm very happy.

There are newer employer reviews for Sharp HealthCare