Sharp HealthCare

www.sharp.com
  www.sharp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sharp HealthCare

SHARP only values their patients, not the hard working employees

Current Employee - PA in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - PA in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Worked as a physician assistant for 10 years.

Cons

Poor management from immediate supervisor. Quick to blame without looking at all the facts first. No apologies when they are incorrect. Quick to believe the comments of others before getting your side of the story. Complaints do not go thru the normal channels. If an MD has an issue with a physician assistant, upper management and HR are quick to believe the MD. Large egos. HR is a function of management, so they will be biased, siding with MD. Anyone under the level of a doctor is expendable. No camaraderie. Backstabbing and harassment occurs. Be careful about reporting it or you will be terminated. MD's annually evaluate the physicians assistants (and nurse practitioners). However, the mid-levels are not allowed to evaluate the MD's. This is sad as physician assistants work hand in hand with MD's. If there is poor camaraderie, pt management, etc. between Midlevels and MD's, it can not be reflected on yearly evals. MD's and upper management have their own interest in mind. Additionally, Midlevels Are not allowed to vote for department chair, per the medical director. He states because it is not written in the bylaws of SRS. Midlevels should have a voice in who they will be working under. There are definitely some MD's that are not fond of Midlevels.

End of the year bonuses are appreciated by the Midlevels, however nowhere in comparison to the MD's. I received an end of the year bonus. My net take home on that bonus was $1700. And I work 5 days a week! I don't even have a half day off during the week, like all the MD's are privileged to. When I spoke with with a fellow MD, he said his net take home bonus was 90% more than I took home. You do the math! My poor nurse had an end of the year bonus of $250.

SHARP really values surveys and patient satisfaction. However, when it comes to employees, they do not value them and treat them poorly.

Midlevels need a Union.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Sharp HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Overall good working atmosphere

Current Employee - Clinical Coding Specialist in La Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Coding Specialist in La Mesa, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great coworkers, great education reimbursement

Cons

hard to get time off

Almost a great opportunity

I worked at Sharp HealthCare part-time

Pros

Great name to get your foot through the door; Initially showed to have great upward mobility but once you reach a certain stage it plateaus; Many hospital facilities that hire internally.

Cons

Overwhelming office/hospital politics- tough skin a must have; 'see pros about upward mobility';

As a student, management worked well with my schedule as my position was very dispensable. My manager practically the only one who cared for her employees which was uncommon with others in the department.

There are newer employer reviews for Sharp HealthCare