There are newer employer reviews for Sharper Image

Thanks to the Board TSI is no more

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sharper Image

Pros

My coworkers, the guys and gals that invented the products and designed the gadgets, were absolute gems... human resources and accounting not so much.

Cons

During my time at this company I went through a few hostile takeovers.

Some that survived the layoffs were bitter miserable people that threw others under the bus to save themselves. All of us knew we were going to lose our jobs at a certain point so the hostility some of the rank and file showed towards the end was completely unnecesary. I hope they didn't carry that poison to their next position.

Dear Chairman & Board of Directors: when trying to lower a company's stock price so you can purchase more at a discount it might be a good idea to NOT run your investment into the ground.

You ruined the reputation of 3 CEOs that were trying to keep the company together and over 2000 people employed.

reviews filtered by
  1. Dont shop or work there

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Sharper Image

Pros

There are a lot of cool gadgets to play with and they were never really that busy.

Cons

horrible management, there was no leadership what so ever. Every manager contradicted what the other manager said. It was a lot like office space with the TPS report. I felt like going to work every day was like working with the boss from office space. It was one of the most miserable working experiences of my life and I am honestly happy the company went under. They didnt care about their employess or their customers. Their executive team was an absolute joke. Good riddance.

take some management classes, it was a joke

2. Great fun, great people, low pay.

Former Employee - Copywriter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Copywriter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sharper Image

Pros

Playing with new products. In order to write about new products, it was necessary for me to PLAY!!! The office often became a test course for whatever fun new product we could get our hands on. The other fun people working herer is why everyone stays.

Cons

If you started at the entry level, you were paid very low and raises were minimal and did not make up for it. Very stressful work environment due to the high work volume and deadlines every day.

This company went out of business, so this is not applicable anymore. The culture was built around one man, Richard Thalheimer, and when he was victim to a hostile takeover, the company couldn't recover. He was too controlling to make it work any longer anyway. The company got too big.

There are newer employer reviews for Sharper Image