Sharper Image
www.sharperimage.com Walnut Creek, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Thanks to the Board TSI is no more

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsMy coworkers, the guys and gals that invented the products and designed the gadgets, were absolute gems... human resources and accounting not so much.

ConsDuring my time at this company I went through a few hostile takeovers.

Some that survived the layoffs were bitter miserable people that threw others under the bus to save themselves. All of us knew we were going to lose our jobs at a certain point so the hostility some of the rank and file showed towards the end was completely unnecesary. I hope they didn't carry that poison to their next position.

Advice to Senior ManagementDear Chairman & Board of Directors: when trying to lower a company's stock price so you can purchase more at a discount it might be a good idea to NOT run your investment into the ground.

You ruined the reputation of 3 CEOs that were trying to keep the company together and over 2000 people employed.

Dont shop or work there

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at Sharper Image

Pros: There are a lot of cool gadgets to play with… Cons: horrible management, there was no leadership what so ever. Every manager contradicted what the other manager said. It was a lot like office… Advice to Senior Management: take some management classes, it was a joke No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great fun, great people, low pay.

Copywriter (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sharper Image

Pros: Playing with new products. In order to write about new products, it was necessary for me to PLAY!!! The office often became a… Cons: If you started at the entry level, you were paid very low and raises were minimal and did… Advice to Senior Management: This company went out of business, so this is not applicable anymore. The culture was built around one man, Richard Thalheimer, and when he was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sharper Image.

Worked for Sharper Image? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sharper Image reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sharper Image CEO Kevin Palmer. All reviews posted anonymously by Sharper Image employees.