There are newer employer reviews for Shasta County

Public Works is a good Department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redding, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

I have been working at Shasta County

Pros

The work has been interesting, the opportunities good, management is receptive to ideas and concerns and within the Department there is a very positive work environment.

Cons

It is government so don't go in thinking you will change everything. Understand that government agencies must function differently from private firms. Take the not so good with the good and understand that things could be so much worse.

Within my Department I am very satisfied. I have heard some dissatisfaction from other Departments, but I can't speak to that.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Shasta County (View Most Recent)

County

I have been working at Shasta County full-time

Pros

Safe, secure, position; easy job; some potential for promotion

Cons

Long time between raises and wage caps on positions

Extra help

Former Employee - Extra Help, Social Services  in  Redding, CA
    Former Employee - Extra Help, Social Services in Redding, CA

I worked at Shasta County part-time for more than a year

Pros

don't take an extra help position it could ruin your career

Cons

misrepresent pay, no rights whatsoever, no benefits and no real career advancement opportunity

Nickel and diming people who agree to work part time, with no benefits and then pressured to sign contracts that they can be let go at any time and for no reason is borderline unethical. In the department I landed in, the micromanager didn't have the skills and education to do her job while humiliating her subordinates. When she wanted someone gone, she made up an accusation and said "get out". Shasta County doesn't demonstrate any accountability to the community with extra help positions. They just bury the bodies of expendable people and no one asks what happened. Its disgraceful, I wouldn't work for them or recommend anyone else consider it, in their social services departments. At general meetings I heard a lot of disgusted employees. The county
     needs to deal with their heavy handed power tripping unqualified managers

There are newer employer reviews for Shasta County

Worked for Shasta County? Contribute to the Community!