Shaw Communications

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Shaw Communications

good

I have been working at Shaw Communications

Pros

Employee benefits is very good , Always use new technology in training and work, get more chance to learn in the work

Cons

always very busy, but it is ok though, every job is goes like that, so i do mind to work in that environment

266 Other Employee Reviews for Shaw Communications (View Most Recent)

I found my experience to be overall of poor quality.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Shaw Communications

Pros

Shaw Communications does a lot of different events which help with the community and they do provide excellent benefits and plenty of "perks" for working with the job- such as holiday parties, gatherings and dress ups for most holidays, a cafe is on the main floor, and parking for staff is under the building - of course you pay $400.00+ a month to use it but at least in winter it is nice to park indoors rather than on the street.

Cons

I found my training to be incomplete. I was informed I would just have to learn most of my job tasks in various web systems on my own. I was also informed that I was giving too good of customer service to internal customers. My manager and a fellow staff member were leaving work around noon twice a week to go home- I was instructed to reply "they have an appoinment' if anyone inquired about their whereabouts. I was left behind a total of 2-3 afternoons a week to work alone with improper training. This lead to multiple frustrations. I thought Shaw was a wonderful company to work for, I was hoping for better management in the department I was hired in. Unfortunately, there was only 4 of us working in my department and we were often overlooked by upper management so these issues were and still are going on unnoticed. I feel I would have succeeded and enjoyed my position if it were in a different department under a different supervisor.

My advise to management at Shaw would be to evaluate supervisors regularily and effectively to ensure proper use of company time, including training and work ethics within each department. I was hired and set up to fail because senior management "forgot" about my department and were not concerned with the day to day tasks and overal supervision from the supervisor of the department.

Together is amazing!

Current Employee - Materials Technician in Kamloops, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Materials Technician in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Shaw Communications

Pros

Great opportunities for rapid growth in your career.

Cons

smaller systems are under resourced.

There are newer employer reviews for Shaw Communications