There are newer employer reviews for Shaw Communications

Shaw communications is an awesome place to work

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Shaw Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Atmoshere, Opprotunities, Culture

Cons

there are no cons to working here

reviews filtered by

Excellent growth and opportunities at Shaw

Current Employee - Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Shaw Communications full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very open, very challenging, fast opportunities to learn from. The most customer focused organization I've ever worked for. Great employee environment, very supportive, very real, and clear commitment to cultural values.

Cons

Constant change and hectic pace at times, but it's part of the thrill. Always adapting to the markets and environment to stay competitive, but results in ongoing shifts in focus.

2. They got me from a different province and when completed project laid me off before completing 6 months

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at Shaw Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the pay and the director

Cons

After making me relocate with my whole family for a Senior position i found that there was no tasks to be done, i was told to make my self as if i was working when i was asking for tasks, they told me to write brief info about the field and when i completed more than 50 pages they told me no we don't want a brief one we just want a short one and when i am done than they gave me a call center task even though it wasn't my task.

My task was to establish a new unit with new system and procedures. I realized that the system they go in was basic system and i wouldn't have agreed too but they didn't involve me in choosing it and when i asked for the system requirements they didn't give it to me. When the new system providers came i asked a lot of questions just to show them this system isn't reliable.

After the project is completed and system test done they laid me off even before completing the required hours to be eligible for EI.

I am sure that there is a commission involved in this between the manager and the system providers as for sure a huge company like this wouldn't buy a basic system like that and i was brought on for show off only.

Advice to Management

You trust your managers a lot that makes you don't know what they are involved in.

I suggest always when a manager is involved in a project look what did he buy new in his personal life e.g. new very expensive house and/or latest brand new car

There are newer employer reviews for Shaw Communications