Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure

www.shawgrp.com

Techs not valued. Simply a consumable item.

Technician (Current Employee)

ProsHome leave is paid by the Company.

ConsIf you rock the boat you will be punished. Forced time on the bench is the way to "teach you a lesson". Very hostile work place. Published Company policies are not followed by middle management. Coverups are also rampant.
Layoffs occur with little or no notice.
Full Perdiem is not paid to employees,rather a small portion, to cover the food element. The accomodation part is retained by the company and a hotel (of lesser value) is provided. No opportunity to find your own hotel. I do not know the legalities of this practice, but seems like its missapropriation of government funds.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the middle management. There are numerous abuses of authority, with favoritism taking precident over performance. Workers have been penalised and lost jobs for "trying" to follow company policies. UXO Techs are a disposable commodity and are not valued, even though they are the profit makers.

Better than my last job

I have been working at Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure

Pros: It is a Government job Cons: It is Unorganized at times Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Shaw has been a very good place for me to work.

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure

Pros: -it has had good opportunities for many people -challenging assignments are often available -very… Cons: -sometimes there is a lot of travel -it's a very large and diverse organization;… Advice to Senior Management: I think management has done a great job. However, it would be great… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure.

Worked for Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure? Contribute to the Community!