Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure

www.shawgrp.com

Good overall experience for an entry level engineer.

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsDiverse, interesting projects, fun work environment, access to technology and resources, great peer group/team working relationships. Fair Salaries (if you negotiate), flexible hours, and travel opportunities. If you can find an advocate in the upper managment structure, you can do well.

ConsConstant M&A integration and re-organization. No apparent long-term vision. Never ending cycle of middle management changes. Poor implementation of mentorship and staff development programs. Bitter employees of acquired firms that were not integrated into corporate could create a poisonous work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better integration of professionals from acquired companies, you purchased them for a reason, integrate them or help them move on. Build bridges between entry level staff and technical and operations management, the generation gap is widening and will become a real problem in the next decade. Stop the management roller coaster, and keep employees informed, our generation is the driven by the 24 hour news cycle; if you don't provide information on the vision and direction of the company on a consistent basis or follow through on previous management plans you will not be able to maintain a connected, dedicated workforce.

Lot of field work under the hot sun and cold winters......95% field work, 5% office

Staff Engineer I (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

I have been working at Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure

Pros: stable employer and nice office atmosphere. Cons: no hikes regularly, lot of BS in performance review... Advice to Senior Management: Please encourage jr staff about the assignments clearly. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Miserable Place to Work

Staff Engineer I (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure

Pros: The company has a lot of different offices and project sites you… Cons: In order to save face in front of the client, an employee can be fired and blamed for… Advice to Senior Management: Think more extensively about how a project should be run. Make sure you have everything and everyone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure.

Worked for Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure? Contribute to the Community!