Shaw Group
www.shawgrp.com Baton Rouge, LA 5000+ Employees

Good Salaries

Cost Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsSalaries are very good and younger employees are given significant raises when they prove themselves (I was given a 30% raise after 1 year of time with the company). Exempt employees are paid for time worked over 40 hrs per week. Management is very competent and is very accessible. The company is open about its strategic direction.

ConsWork stations are small, open floor layout makes working environment loud. There is little formal training but other employees are very willing to help. Management can be slow to respond to requests, but at least they respond eventually. IT is a huge pain, new employees have gone a week or so without IT giving them a computer...and it takes weeks to get the necessary software installed if it isn't part of their "standard" software package.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for younger employees to demonstrate their abilities.

Eye opening

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I worked at Shaw Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of responsibilities early on in my career Cons: Cronyism and nepotism is an endemic that should be eradicated! Advice to Senior Management: N/A No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Accountant

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Shaw Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Team Work, Flexible Schedule Cons: Lower pay than industry's rate Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Shaw Group.

Worked for Shaw Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shaw Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shaw Group CEO James M. Bernhard Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Shaw Group employees.