Shaw Group
www.shawgrp.com Baton Rouge, LA 5000+ Employees

Shaw Group - Lower your expectations.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Shaw Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHave the lion's share of nuclear power work.

ConsManagement succombs to intimidation by CEO creating an environment where one cannot be open with the truth. Many of those who were hired to fill senior management positions are looking to fulfil their obligations and are not looking to rock the boat. Despite their 'value the individual' talk, this is a business. Have seen many people hired, then fired. There is no true career path in this company as most senior positions are filled from the outside. Most of the working level feel's they are just cogs in a wheel, albeit everyone is there by choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter the sale to CB&I and current CEO and senior management is replaced, hopefully what remains of the Shaw group will begin to function properly. Many of the 'yes' men need to be replaced with people who actually have the experience and will to perform the job.

Upper management in flux too often

Engineer (Current Employee)
Stoughton, MA

I have been working at Shaw Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Some very good people, travel opportunities. Cons: The company doesn't seem to know it's direction. Several talented… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out where you're going. How can you win new work when… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Project Management Intern

Project Management Intern (Former Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Shaw Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: Learn a lot about pipe fabrication and customer interactions Cons: Can be dull at times Advice to Senior Management: work out kinks in production, immediatly Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Shaw Group.

Worked for Shaw Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shaw Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shaw Group CEO James M. Bernhard Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Shaw Group employees.