There are newer employer reviews for Shaw Group

Not the worst, but far from the best.

Current Employee - Automation Tech
Current Employee - Automation Tech

I have been working at Shaw Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is fair. Management in LA is non existent in this remote location. Unless the customer complains, corp forgets we exist.

Cons

Benefits are somewhat below average. Health insurance is costly and corp mindset is skewed towards construction, forgetting we are contract maintenance.

Advice to Management

Bite the bullet and give benefits that are good enough to recrute and keep good people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. no pressure, nice managers

I worked at Shaw Group

Pros

Pretty good hourly rate for an unskilled position the Project Managers were not too demanding about attendance, and understanding if there were conflicts in scheduling work People were generally good natured and kind

Cons

pressure to work more increased a bit as the project deadline approached there was not a lot of regular feedback about whether we were doing a good job or not, which could have improved performance if it was provided.

Advice to Management

I didn't interact much with the upper management, but I think they could have been more motivating and helped us feel like a team that was accomplishing something important, which would have improved attendance and performance on the job.

2. Sr. CADD Designer

Former Employee - Senior CADD Designer in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Senior CADD Designer in Centennial, CO

I worked at Shaw Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work most of them good people, Good projects long term projects. I worked for three different divisions E&I, Plant Services and Nuclear in the nine years I was there.

Cons

HR plays and thinks they are GOD.

Advice to Management

Management needs to diversify in to more different job markets like URS and CH2M Hill. Just power and Environmental Fed work is not enough. Open your eyes to the changing job market.