There are newer employer reviews for Shaw Industries

It was a learning experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA

Pros

You will have the opportunity to meet some nice and interesting people while working there. The compensation is good enough.

Cons

There doesnt seem to be much room for growth and the company is not expanding anymore. Not a great place for a career.

Advice to Management

They should be more involved with the people working on the factory floor. This would fix a lot of their problems.

Other Employee Reviews for Shaw Industries

shaw gave me the tools to take charge.

Former Employee - Utility Relief in Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Utility Relief in Dalton, GA

Pros

In this era carpet complanies pay well, shaw is one of the best I think, they offer insurance like medical, and Life. Through shaw I had gain some techniques to better me as a leader.

Cons

It may take forever to up the ladder in this company. Most of this is mainly who you know rather than the knowledge and experience you have attained. sorry for my misspeling I am in a hurry.

Advice to Management

Saftey is key gentlemen

Great place to work if you are OK with folks talking out both sides of their mouth....

Current Employee - I S Project Manager in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - I S Project Manager in Dalton, GA

Pros

- Company with deep pockets - Work / Life Balance - Company cares about the local community

Cons

- Benefits have become sub-par over time - Many I.S. employees aren't require or have 4-year college degrees - Management sets unattainable sales targets in order to not achieve employee bonus triggers - Company is still living in the 1980s when it comes to experience or knowledge in critical departments - Tons of dead weight exist in key management areas - Hiring from outside areas is frowned upon in many departments

Advice to Management

(1) Step up and removed management level associates that are not getting to job done. (2) Start purchased outside software instead of having internal developers drop the ball time after time. (3) Start thinking outside the box and stop thinking the "Shaw Way" is always the best way.