Sheetz

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

Our culture, our family values and connections with the community. We have great people and customers can't get enough. We are a great place to work!

Cons

It sometimes feels like we bite off more than we can chew as a company with too many roll outs at once. It's hard to keep up and perfect each new thing. We are fast paced, and always changing but we need to keep up the moral and make sure everyone has sufficient training to make sure we all have pride in what we do.

Have more hours to work with to develop our people and work on connections. More realistic training programs for new employees.

181 Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz (View Most Recent)

one of the worst working experiences I have ever had

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Sheetz

Pros

Sheetz had a decent pay rate and decent benefits available. If not for that factor, I would not have stayed working there as long as I did.

Cons

The manager basically sat in the back room and expected everyone else to do her job for her. The assistant managers did the same thing. We (shift supervisors) got stuck doing everything they didnt want to do. The employees were lazy and constantly sneaking off for coffee or cigarette breaks in the back room. It was the most disorganized poorly run work environment I have ever been in. No respect. No organization. No structure. Awful.

Hire managers that actually do their jobs and are willing to put in just as much effort as the people they are in charge of. Don't hire people who just sit on their butts and boss everyone else around. It makes employees loose respect.

not for me

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Elverson, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Elverson, PA

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

Always very busy, which passed the time. Good product, food, clean place to work. benefits, and pay not bad to start.

Cons

Store manager can make all the difference, has there favorites. Lots of backstabbing, gossiping behind other employees backs. Terrible scheduling, would work till 2am have to be back in at 12am that night and that was considered your day off, then was scheduled for a mandatory unpaid managers meeting at 3pm that same day, and was told "welcome to sheetz". Goodbye!!

Maybe consider employees personal life, and sleep time would help with morale and retention of employees. Have some form of formal training available, not just a minimum wage college student showing you around.

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz