There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

All jobs have their ups and downs ....

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

The pay is great, their is great room to expand and grow with the company as they are constantly adding new stores and trying to conquer new markets. Bonus potential for salaried management. Overall, looking at the big picture, the company truely does value each and everyone of its employees.

Cons

Like anywhere, depending on your upper management it could be very difficult to advance in the company. In order to be successful you much be a slave to your store, at least in the beginning.

169 Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz (View Most Recent)

Way Mores Stressful Than It Needed To Be

I worked at Sheetz

Pros

-good at giving time off
    -good at allowing students to come back to work during college breaks
    -decent salary
    -free drinks while you work

Cons

-incompetent managers
    -would work 8+ hours without a break
    -insignificant training in some areas
    -smokers were given longer breaks than non-smokers
    -new ideas were not encouraged
    -management frequently broke the rules without any consequences
    -could be a dangerous environment, had to call the police several times
    -terrible at scheduling

I think that the management for each store needs to be interviewed further before allowed to run a store. While there were some managers I liked, most of them were incredibly incompetent. This job was extremely stressful and the management did little to help.

Turns your life upside down and makes you go insane

I worked at Sheetz

Pros

Beginning pay rates are really good and you have so much work to do that time goes extremely fast. That sums up the pros.

Cons

Where should I start?

Lying. Laziness. Attitude. That sums up at least half the employees including management.

Employees who suck and would be fired from any place that had some sense are put on pedestals. Sheetz is so afraid of getting bad publicity or getting sued because of how employees are treated that they are actually making things worse on themselves. You can't allow these people to determine the way you run your company. You let someone think they run the show and they will take you down before you know it.

This company is delusional if it thinks it's going to try some new way of thinking and go on and on about being the best place to work. It's not being executed properly and crap rolls downhill. I'd love to find a store where the people are all happy. I know they're out there and the difference is that they have a staff of people who do their jobs and do them well. I doubt those stores are hiring people who come in and mope around with a stick up their *blank* and treat the customers like garbage. Too bad this place is letting some of their stores fail. They have so many stores I know they can't be in each one, so they have a chain of command and unfortunately people are placed into these positions when they wouldn't even have barely made it as a sales person.

Advice to Stan Sheetz: what you want, your idea for what your company should be, isn't happening at a lot of your stores. People are miserable, they beg for help, they get stomped on for doing so. if you only knew what really went on way down the chain of command it would make you sick.

There are newer employer reviews for Sheetz

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!