Takes Care

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Greenville, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Greenville, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sheetz takes care of it's employees in several ways. Not the least of which is it's flexible and affordable benefits program and life insurance policies all of which are available after just 3 months of employment. Their willingness to work with hours and schedules puts them above the competition in minimum wage employment.

Cons

New employees are only trained on one of three shifts and therefore equipped only for that one position. Employees would be far more flexible and able to cover other shifts in an emergency if they came in trained on all shifts, whose duties and needs vary.

Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz

Paid Slave Labor

Former Employee - Sales Person in Plains, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Plains, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sheetz offers decent benefits for employees. Also, it is impossible to be bored when working at Sheetz, since there are so many different duties.

Cons

Honestly, I'm baffled by all the positive reviews of Sheetz employment. Working for Sheetz was the worst experience of my life. On my first day of employment, the training program was down, so I was placed directly onto the floor with zero training. I had no clue what I was doing, and the managers and co-workers decided that the best they could do was to stand around and chat while I gained the "experience" of making three or four food orders at one time, when I was not even taught the location of the ketchup. I was criticized for every little mistake I made, and weeks later, when I was making orders faster than employees that had been working there for several years, I was still told that I was moving too slow. Despite the terrible management and abysmal employee camaraderie, the worst part about working at Sheetz was the break policy. When working an 8 hour shift, I would only receive a single 20 minute break and no lunch. The remaining 7 hours and 40 minutes were spent constantly running from one counter to the next. There is no way spending that much time on one's feet with a racing heart can be healthy. Working for Sheetz is detrimental to one's physical and emotional health, and accepting a job at Sheetz will eviscerate one's body and spirit.

Advice to Management

Ensure that employees are adequately trained before being placed on the floor. Reinforce the concept that all employees are equal, no matter how long they have been working for you.

2. Great place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Sheetz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like every thing about this company, from benefits to work condition.

Cons

Some you just get really busy.

Advice to Management

Team work is essental to success and taking a proactive roll in there position.